Is it me or are the most battles made to be played as germans?

When I look at the battles I find it very hard to play any battle made for Soviet in a defensive position most battles are either Soviet attack or german defense or german attack only a very few are ment to be played as Soviet defense

So people should make more battles where the Soviets are the in defensive postion and the axis as the aggressor

Most play recommendations are given with the thought in mind that AI is a very poor attacker. It doesn't mean that they can't be played the other way, however. Just boost the AI strength a bit to make it more challenging. Or, even better, play against a fellow homo sapiens!

Originally posted by Santosdiablo:

When I look at the battles I find it very hard to play any battle made for Soviet in a defensive position.....

... most battles are either Soviet attack or german defense or german attack only a very few are ment to be played as Soviet defense...

So people should make more battles where the Soviets are the in defensive postion and the axis as the aggressor

Notice the part of your post in between the ****.

Notice that you say that scenarios are either Soviet attack or German attack. Notice that every single German attack scenario is automatically a Soviet defense scenario.

a) I never said that 'all scenarios are designed to have the human attack'.

B) You have probably played more scenarios than I have, I can just go from my observation, and I have not seen many scenarios that say 'play as defender against the AI attacker'. There may well be, but in my observation there are not, and most designer statements I can think of make this point. Again, by necessity a selection that may or may not be representative.

c) What's wrong with that kind of design is that it is not a lot of fun, since it is equivalent to shooting fish in a barrel, or sumfink. YMMV.

For myself, none of my scenarios is designed as AI attack, and none for the last few years is a meeting engagement.

All the best

Andreas

Stop a wave of StuGs or better with only 45mm or 76mm ATGs. Stop a whole platoon of Tigers with a single AFV to your name. Stop a combined arms attack with pure infantry forces. Stop Panzers and panzergrenadiers with not just an infantry force type, but literally no guns at all, only infantry squads and AT mines, in tight terrain. Stop a battalion with a company in open steppe. Hold a few blocks of city against overwhelming odds, with varied infantry types and maybe 1-2 tanks. These are all fun defensive scenario schemes, particularly for Russians, and I've used them all.