Russian armour values

Just purchased CMBB and noticed some late war Russian vehicles with low armour values. I played a battle in which i had a 75 pak40 against 1 ISU-122 and 1 ISU-152. The Pak40 easily penetrated them both in the front at around 400 meters or so, i couldnt believe this happened. Then i looked up the CMBB armour values of them both and it only listed the upper hull as having 90/30.

I have played many table top wargames in the day and both those vehicles were very heavily armoured in the upper hull and gun mantle area, close to that of the Stalin 2 of which the ISU series is from. When i get a chance next week i will look up the armour values of those vehicles and others in a book ( Dont recall the name yet)that lists all the Russian armour values and even the penetration values.

[ July 13, 2004, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: JoMc67 ]

There's a pretty good chance they're matching the Russian Battlefield specs.

The major Russian armor debate in the game is the IS-2 hull front. Russian Battlefield said 120mm upper hull front for the late IS-2 but other sources said more like 100mm or 105mm. As the final CMBB patch was being finalized BFC begged for hard evidence on the IS-2 hull front, but the evidence was not forthcoming and they stayed with the Russian Battlefield numbers.