CMMOS MAJOR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Can somebody please help me, i was running an older version of cmmos n everything was fine, i dl'ed cm-barbarossa to berlin(Full-Game) wen't to Combat Mission HQ web site seen that they had a newer version which handles both beyond overlord and barbarossa to berlin so i dl'ed it and it worked 1-2-3 for beyond overlord, I CANNOT GET IT TO WORK FOR BARBAROSSA TO BERLIN?????? And yes i'm clicking "Barbarossa to Berlin" in the bottom right hand corner,clicking options,set rule tab,and attempting to "add" zip rule files that i have put in a temp folder on my desktop(renamed it Barbarossa Rule) so i would know exactly where i put the rule zip files. Everytime i click on 1 it gives me an "error message" whether i double click on the file or just add the zip file and then click open??? i get error messages either way??? I even uninstalled then reinstalled thinking that may help but same problem??? Can somebody please help me, i am following the instructions step by step in the read me file in the cmmos directory and have followed the step by step instructions as well by some of the vets here on the message forums so i know that i'm not installing wrong??? Can somebody please help remedy this for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Sgt Emren, Lumberg is exactly right what "I MEANT TO STATE IS I INSTALLED CM-BARBAROSSA TO BERLIN" OK, i now stand corrected, u know it's pretty hard to type your thoughts when you have a wife hollering about dinner and kids coming right in the door from school driving u crazy immediatly, DO YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE IN THAT FIELD SGT EMREN??? IF u do then u know where i'm coming from-if you don't then u might understand that what your thinking and meaning to type does not always come out exactly as we meant it when your thoughts are not clear, catch my drift??? Give a guy a break already!!!!!!!!

Guest Sgt. Emren

ScottyG13,

Yep, I know exactly what you are talking about. I could have written a much more offensive post (although that's not really my nature to do so), but I wasn't completely sure that you were a pirate.

I'm sorry, I don't have any ideas vis-a-vis your CMMOS problem. I don't have a whole lot of experience with CMMOS yet, as I only downloaded it about a week ago. Good luck, though! smile.gif

Originally posted by ScottyG13:

Can somebody please help me, i was running an older version of cmmos n everything was fine, i dl'ed cm-barbarossa to berlin(Full-Game) wen't to Combat Mission HQ web site seen that they had a newer version which handles both beyond overlord and barbarossa to berlin so i dl'ed it and it worked 1-2-3 for beyond overlord, I CANNOT GET IT TO WORK FOR BARBAROSSA TO BERLIN?????? And yes i'm clicking "Barbarossa to Berlin" in the bottom right hand corner,clicking options,set rule tab,and attempting to "add" zip rule files that i have put in a temp folder on my desktop(renamed it Barbarossa Rule) so i would know exactly where i put the rule zip files. Everytime i click on 1 it gives me an "error message" whether i double click on the file or just add the zip file and then click open??? i get error messages either way??? I even uninstalled then reinstalled thinking that may help but same problem??? Can somebody please help me, i am following the instructions step by step in the read me file in the cmmos directory and have followed the step by step instructions as well by some of the vets here on the message forums so i know that i'm not installing wrong??? Can somebody please help remedy this for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please e-mail a copy of the files "CMMOSLog.txt" and "CMMOS.ini" from your CMMOS install folder to "gordonemolek@poboxes.com" and we'll get things straightened out.

Gordon