Dial-up practical for TCP/IP?

last time i played an IP game it occured to me that it might be interesting to have a timing feature limit that was set off by the first player to finish their turn

so whenever either player moved, there would follow whatever set amount of time was given for the other player to complete that move - say 3 minutes for example - make the move in that time or the orders from your last sequence prevail, or lack thereof as the case may be

or another thought from chess occured to me as well - you get a set amount of time for the number of moves that will comprise the battle - say 60 minutes for a 30 move game - a clock would be on screen for each player showing his time left - making your move stops the clock (and neither clock runs during play back) - but otherwise it runs anytime you consider your next move or issue orders, etc.

[ January 04, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: easytarget ]