I have it! I am a matured grog!

Denwad,

You presently possess the absolute best wargame to have ever graced a computer or a paper map. Study hard, learn from your opponents, and ask questions. Also, quite importantly, utilize the CMBO/BB Anthology of Useful Posts at the top of the Tips & Tricks board.

If you do the above, if you apply your lessons learned, and if the game agrees with you, you will have a most enjoyable time playing this game.

Cheers, Richard smile.gif

Maybe true, but I played the battle "Battle of Minors" and the Turan IIs I had were no match for the enemy Panzerkampfwagen IV. I tried to flank one but one I could not see evidently threw a round into my turret :(

I ended up trying to use the Zyrinys to fend them off, and then I lost :(

Oh well.

Oh, very good. Have the game, now, do we, and are feeling all grogish?

ROIGHT, THEN! CALL YOURSELF A GROG, DO YOU, FELLOW ME LAD?! YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN! WHEN YOU CAN READ YOUR 20TH REXFORD POST WITHOUT P*SSING YOURSELF IN CONFUSED ANXIETY OVER WHAT'S BEING DISCUSSED, AND CAN ACTUALLY MAKE AN INTELLIGENT REMARK TO INDICATE YOU'VE FOLLOWED WHAT'S BEING DISCUSSED, YOU CAN CALL YOURSELF A GROG, LADY!

Until then, you're just another happy gamer. Welcome to Combat Mission.

Originally posted by Denwad:

Considering I played WWIIOL and tolerated it as a perfect game when I was eleven, a tolerable demi-grog ;)

My God! You poor, poor benighted game orphan. How was I to know?!

Probably the best way to mark this passage to game manhood is to cut off the tip of the little finger of your off-hand, and send it to Grog Dorosh, Somewhere in Canada, via Fed-Ex.

Don't worry over much about the exact address. They're pretty much used to this sort of package showing up in Manitoba, eh?

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Denwad:

Considering I played WWIIOL and tolerated it as a perfect game when I was eleven, a tolerable demi-grog ;)

Probably the best way to mark this passage to game manhood is to cut off the tip of the little finger of your off-hand, and send it to Grog Dorosh, Somewhere in Canada, via Fed-Ex.

Don't worry over much about the exact address. They're pretty much used to this sort of package showing up in Manitoba, eh? </font>

Originally posted by Sir Augustus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Denwad:

Don't worry over much about the exact address. They're pretty much used to this sort of package showing up in Manitoba, eh? </font>

Hi,

Yup, I agree.

There are a number of fine wargames out there, Tacops, Steelbeasts are two such examples.

But in my view, CMBB is simply in a different stratosphere to any other war game.

It is both more fun… and more historically accurate than any other game. I still cannot believe my luck that BFC decided to build such a series of games. In fact it is so historically accurate that it is also a form of military history. If were taking a class in military history, studying the Eastern Front, I would recommend a bunch of the usual David Glantz books, plus “go and play with CMBB.”

All good fun,

All the best,

Kip.

Originally posted by eichenbaum:

I wunder if Seanachai plays CM at all. He's bothering us with issues that are all very un-CM.

Just fulfilling my role in the food-chain, Eichenbaum.

And of course I play CM. No one in the Peng Challenge is slower at returning turns than I am. Ask any of them.