AT gun receives arty fire CLOSE, not knocked out->why? pic inside

As you can see on the picture, this AT guns got some arty (120 mm ) VERY closeby but was not knocked out (lucky for me) but why?

Normally, the gun would have been toast.

It was not under hq command.

Is knocked out also abandened and could the crew been very fanatic ?

cmbb045.jpg

Monty

Quick answer smile.gif

My next question is:

Is knocked out mean the crew panicks and abanden the gun ( so experience and fanatism is very important) or is the knock out purely randomly and means the gun ITSELF is broken ?

I hope its a mix of both....randomly for the damage by shell shrapnell and this would be toned down if the crew is experienced or under command.

In my case the crew was veteran and not under command.

But.....the shells were THAT close (behind the gun, where is no armor shield), you would expect some damage on the gun.

I guess the shell holes are also abstracted ?

Monty

[ August 02, 2003, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Monty ]

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

That's the infamous Rot Falk leading that gun crew! No wonder they didn't break.

Oh...you have good experiences with him ? smile.gif

Tell us please !

btw that wall in the V shape worked great for stopping mg and smallarms fire.

Infact, this guncrew was one of the few units who had no casualties after the battle ended ( Draw )

Monty

Also the gunner hiding in a foxhole means there's not much peeking above ground level, making it harder for artillery to dislodge him.

This reminds me of one of the tales from that 'Black Hawk Down' Somalia incident. A number of U.S. soldiers were huddled together behind a wall when a grenade landed in the midst of them and exploded. To everyone's surprise not a single soldier was hit! Apparently, all the schrapnel went straight up. So sometimes weird things happen in combat.