CMBB Video!

Originally posted by Sivodsi:

Rar is a compressed file. You gotta unzip it first.

I have unzipped it, but WMP and a couple of other viewers refuse to play the clip. Need "vids divX decompressor" which I cannot find on the internet. :confused:

And if I hadn't unzipped it, do you really think I would have gotten the sound, but no picture, duh? :confused:

http://download.com.com/redir?pid=10223828&merid=79917&mfgid=79917&edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3000-2139-10223828&ontId=2139&ltype=dl_dlnow&lop=link&dlrs=1&destUrl=%2F3001-2139-10223828.ht ml

Here we go. Must be something in the newer Divx 5.1 codec, but this player works like a champ. Now only if it could translate what the writing on the video says, I'd be really happy.

Originally posted by Mikeydz:

I might be helpful if whoever has gotten this video to work post what viewer software they used. The latest Media Player, ATI software, WinDVD and Radlight all choked on it (Audio only, no video).

you have radlight? i recommend having nothing to do with it. there was a big flap about it when one of their versions had a "feature" where it automatically deleted adaware (a program that deletes spyware) if it found it on your system.

[ November 01, 2003, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: russellmz ]

Posted by Dorosh

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Sivodsi:

Rar is a compressed file. You gotta unzip it first.

I have unzipped it, but WMP and a couple of other viewers refuse to play the clip. Need "vids divX decompressor" which I cannot find on the internet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if I hadn't unzipped it, do you really think I would have gotten the sound, but no picture, duh?

I was replying to Stykkypixie at the time when my post would have been the next one. Several others (including yourself) must have posted in the intervening time.

Do you automatically assume that every post is about yourself? ;)

[edited for spelling]

[ November 01, 2003, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: Sivodsi ]

Here's a translation of the text of this cool video...

Die Balka

the ravine

INTRO

Diese Kampfgruppe "Einheiten eines Panzerkorps" sind hierher beordert wurden, um die Situation zu klären.

Das Armeegruppenkommando unter von Manstein beabsichtigt die überdehnten russischen Einheiten einzukreisen und ihre Spitzen zu zerstören, um sie dann an das Ufer der Donetz und der Miusflüsse zurückzuwerfen...

This Kampfgruppe (battlegroup), "units of a tank corps" were orderd here to clear the situation.

The army group command under the command of von Mannstein intends to encircle the overstretched russian units, to destroy their spearheads

and afterwards to throw the russians back to the Donetz and to the shores of the Mius rivers...

OUTRO

Keine der beiden Gegner konnte an diesem Tag einen klaren Sieg davontragen, aber die Deutschen hatten in diesem Sektor ihre Chance vertan die Russen aufzuhalten...

None of both enemies could achieve a clear victory this day, but the germans had lost their chance to hold the russians in check in this sector...

Regards, Sven

By the way...is the music taken from the film "Der letzte Mohikaner" ? (The last Mohawk ?).

I like it very much! ( the music...)

[ November 01, 2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Trommelfeuer ]

Michael Dorosh wrote:

EDIT - is Trommelfeuer thinking of "Last of the Mohicans"?

Yup, that must be the one, thank you, I only know the german version of this film and I wasn't sure what the original title is.

( And I didn't know what the english translation for "Mohikaner" is...)

Regards, Sven

[ November 01, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Trommelfeuer ]