25 maps for FlagControl

Hi.

I just did a upload to the cmmods database CMBB section of this pack of scenarios.

Date Entered/Updated: 27-07-04

Game: CMBB

Title (30 char max.): 25mapsforFlagControl

Type: Other

Unit Modified: Maps

Winter Mod? No

CMMOS Compliant? No

Description:

This is a scenario\mappack with 25 Meeting engagement setups.

Al forces have been carefully picked to provide a fair match-up. (same amound of points spend on units) Every map has flags placed that both players will have to try to enclose to be sure to win the game. Every game has atleast one, but sometimes 3 or more reinforcements.

Settings variate but turntime is always set to variable.

I would say unit setup should be free for the players themselves (if already done by me)...in the designated setupzones.

(i got this idea from playing the flagcontrol gametype in the game Blitzkrieg. This ofcourse will be somewhat different but i think could also be pretty thrilling.)

Cool would be, if u play a game, to share your findings of it with me on maybe the proving grounds or in the battlefront cmbb forum...

..well: enjoy

(copied and pasted that bit)

Please take a look, and play a friend;)

Im also doing a mappack of only cmf/operation maps for cmbb atm, witch is nearly finnished now.

That one holds 9 maps (and 4 more with different versions of two of those.)

These are al very large; more then say 2000x3000+ meters.

The terrain is good for a advance, with mostly lots of different things to encounter and overcome. Hope some are going to like those and use, maybe. Its comming soon; i am having my vacation;)

[ July 28, 2004, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: theike ]

Did anybody make capture-the-flags maps?

As opposed to having unoccupied flags in the middle of the map for everyyone to grab you have two sets of flags in the opponents "home corner" and you have to take the enemy flags without losing your own.

This is a common theme in TacOps and I find it to be much more interesting:

- no rushes to the flags

- in effect, attack and defense, not so much fight from the move, including the use of towed guns

- more tradeoffs to make

- more opportunity to screw up :cool:

Originally posted by redwolf:

Did anybody make capture-the-flags maps?

I made one and am currently playing someone by email with it. The map is symmetrical. At first glance, it looks silly, but there are unique aspects to it that have made for a fun game so far.

Originally posted by theike:

But wouldnt it be extremely hard not to just meet eachother halfway and not get on at all?

But that would be the catch to it then..trying to get around that. Could be interesting, yes.

No, people concentrate their forces and move in one fist behind recon screens. When they meet somebody usually has a decisive advantage and the one who drew the shorter end of the stick needs to regroup.

It is true that the main battle is often not really an assault against unit sitting at the flags but it is still far from a deadlock.

Originally posted by theike:

But wouldnt it be extremely hard not to just meet eachother halfway and not get on at all?

But that would be the catch to it then..trying to get around that. Could be interesting, yes.

So far, my opponent and I have had a fun QB with the capture-the-flag map. There's been plenty of combat and plenty of scouting. I've enjoyed it more than a meeting engagement or an attack/defend QB.