Yet another Mod Release! * Hungarian Uniforms*

Available now at the usual place.

Replacement textures for Hungarian infantry and Cavalry uniforms with new field gear and insignia. All from scratch, as usual, except for the badge on the Coy HQ's right pocket and the uniform buttons.

Pictures say more than words (seen here with Juju's small arms mod, as always smile.gif ).

Infantry, showing new fieldgear treatment.

honved_1.jpg

Cavalry/Hussars

hussars.jpg

Hussar and Infantry Coy/Bn HQs. Note the new cap with tricolor badge and rank insignia. I added some a badge and some ribbons as well as nice shiny brass buttons to make them stand out.

hung_hq1.jpg

Platoon/Section HQs

hung_hq2.jpg

Special thanks to Lacko Bardosy and all the Hungarian CM fans who provided me with great reference material for this mod. There may be more coming ;) .

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

They look great ( as always ). Thanks Andrew. How's the new baby?

Thanks for asking. He's doing great! smile.gif I can sneak down to the office and make mods while he and mom are napping. Actually, the uniforms aren't too time-consuming to make, since they work on a kind of template system (well, kind of), so I can still put in my fair share of work changing poopy diapers and stuff.

Actually, the uniforms aren't too time-consuming to make, since they work on a kind of template system (well, kind of), so I can still put in my fair share of work changing poopy diapers and stuff.
Andrew, since my wife and I are expecting our first child in November, I anxiously await your poopy diaper mod. Will they come in reversable camo?

Excellent work again--thanks for all the mods.

Andrew--great, great job as usual. Can't wait to see your Romanians! ;) I have two questions and figure you are the man to ask. First: The Romanians wore French Style "Adrian" helmets along with the Dutch "Stahlhelms". You can see this in the famous color photo of the Romanians posing in a trench line before Sevastopol. One of them is wearing the "Adrian" helmet. This color photo appears in many books and magazines. Is there ANY way to have infantry wearing more than one style helmet? If so, then the Finns would also benefit from this. In additon to their WW1 German Stahlhelm they also produced their own helmet which resembles the Russian style helmet. You can notice this also in many photos of the Finns in the Continuation War. Is there any way this can be down?

Second question: Anyone know the bmp numbers for the SPW 251/10 (early)? I downloaded a mod, and now have one third of my halftrack in white!!! :rolleyes: I tried to redownload this same mod and got the same result. THIS never happens with YOUR mods Andy! If I can't figure out what went wrong can I just delete these bmp's, then redownload a different mod and have this new mod write itself in to its bmp "slot"? Any help on this would GREATLY be appreciated.

Originally posted by mike8g:

Andrew,

please check for file 9767 (legs of Cavalry B/C HQ).

Marcus

Marcus,

The Hungarian uniform file numbering listed on Michael Dorosh's uniform BMP # page is incorrect. The correct numbering for the cavalry leg files is 9764, 9765, and 9766. 9766 is the B/C HQ leg. I don't know what 9767 is, but I suspect it belongs to a one of the vehicle crews.

Michael: it looks like the BMPs for the officer headgear are incorrect, too. 9782 is the infantry B/C HQ cap and 9783 is the cavalry HQ cap. The platoon HQs use the same BMPs as their respective platoons.

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mike8g:

Andrew,

please check for file 9767 (legs of Cavalry B/C HQ).

Marcus

Marcus,

The Hungarian uniform file numbering listed on Michael Dorosh's uniform BMP # page is incorrect. The correct numbering for the cavalry leg files is 9764, 9765, and 9766. 9766 is the B/C HQ leg. I don't know what 9767 is, but I suspect it belongs to a one of the vehicle crews.

Michael: it looks like the BMPs for the officer headgear are incorrect, too. 9782 is the infantry B/C HQ cap and 9783 is the cavalry HQ cap. The platoon HQs use the same BMPs as their respective platoons. </font>

Mike thanks for the response. I think I may have found the problem--I have no bmp #13748, 13750, and 13752. I redownloaded the same mod and now just have the interior walls in white. :mad:

But I am sure this is something I did wrong and NOT the modder's fault. :rolleyes:

The price of ignorance is always too high. Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. ;)

Anyone have a saved (original bmp) file for the SPW 251/10? Maybe if I just redownload those files all will work out. Hope so. Otherwise I will always use these ht's as scouts--the white won't show up too much when they're burning. :(

Andrew, I sure hope BFC will ask you for opinions about their bmp's for the upcoming CMAK (no offense BFC boys). IMHO all I have to see is your name listed as the modder and I know the mod rocks! I'd send you money, but then there would less for me. :D

Stunning work as usual, Andrew. Thanks!

And thanks for promoting my Modslut Project everytime you post a picture. smile.gif

Oooh! There's a mapcase! How simply splendid!

[ May 27, 2003, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Juju ]

Originally posted by Juju:

Oooh! There's a mapcase! How simply splendid!

Always gotta leave in little surprises for people to find on their own :cool: . Before the map grogs get on my case I'll confess that it's taken from a 1950s US Army map of the Kiev area that I found online somewhere. smile.gif