AI accuracy, not a complaint just a vent.

I am currently playing a game ,early 41 Reg. Axis vs. Green Allies. Biltong's rules, open map no trees.

And no ****, I have yet to see the enemy AFV's miss more then two rounds before plugging my AFV's at ranges over 1000m. :( My AFV's have yet to hit anything within their first 4 shots :mad: , unless the range is less then 300m, then it only took the tank 3 shots. I have PzIIIG's so the good optics and 50mm should be ok at range. While the enemy T-34's and KV-1 are just dead eyes. I have been one shoted twice already, at a range of over 800m!!!!

I am not claiming this is a bug or anything other then bad luck, but HECK HECK HECK!!!! Will I get no breaks this battle.

Sorry everyone just had to vent a little. When defending open nearly flat terrain with an understength Inf Comp, and 4 AFV's, and 3 armored cars (who at least can hit things without 4 "warning" shots) against 2 platoons of T-34s, 1 KV-1, 2 or 3 platoons of T-26, and at least 2 battalions of inf, you hope for at least an even exchange in the tank battle.

Thanks for listening I feel better, just previewed my post and it is especially funny after rereading my sig.

Burner out.

Axis \ Allies

Men OK 4\839

Total Casualties 94\276

Men Killed 19\61

Men Captured 70

Mortars Destroyed 2\1

Vehicles Destroyed 7\9

Final score of said battle, I finally saw the AI's KV-1 shoot at my PzIIIG 3 times with only one hit killing a crew member, the it took another 2 shots to finish it off, not that the KV couldn't have come down off the ridge, done circles around the PzIIIG and then just RUN OVER IT. But at least it took 5 shots to kill, and all this under 400m.

Well looks like it is time to retire this company to the great, eh, well were ever Panzer companies go to when they are completely decimated. Looks like this is just a sign I should complete my work on the Biltong's Campaign Rules player guide and the start up a new v2.0 campaign. Ah to make it out of the summer in the rules.

Burner out, way out.

My forces were all individuals.

2 PzIIIG

1 PzIIIH

1 PzIVE

3 Psw 221

1 7.9mm ATR

1 Tank Hunter

1 Panzer Comp - 1 50mm mortar

1 81mm Spotter 4 tube

1 75mm Spotter 4 tube

All with 60% ammo, the AI was only supposed to have 10% ammo, but we all know that is a lie.

The Allies were 1 KV-1, 2 Plt of T-34, 3 Plt of T-26 and a handful of single tankettes, and of course a little over 1000 inf. didn't bother to see exactly the OOB.

Like I said I am not claiming this to be a bug or anything really out of the ordinary other then a pretty good string of bad luck. Reminder to self, next time I get a string of good luck report it on this post also, then head straight to Las Vegas. smile.gif

Sgt Goody reminds me of the battle two before this in this particular campaign.

I dropped two full 75mm Arty spotters and 1 full 81mm Spt on a gun in the middle of a road, true it was in a trench, but during this barrage it managed to take out three tanks. The barrages were staggered because I just couldn't believe it was still alive.

Yes I should have just dropped smoke in front, but each time I thought no way is it still alive.

Finally although there were better targets I decided to drop a full 150 spt on it. Got it and it's crew, :D ah sometimes the illogical, but personal grudges against the AI are so fulfilling. (when you win of course)

Originally posted by ZealotBurner:

My forces were all individuals.

The Allies were 1 KV-1, 2 Plt of T-34, 3 Plt of T-26 and a handful of single tankettes, and of course a little over 1000 inf. didn't bother to see exactly the OOB.

Like I said I am not claiming this to be a bug or anything really out of the ordinary other then a pretty good string of bad luck.

I've been entertaining an idea about incredible coincidensies of the hit propability of vehicles belonging to a platoon targeting the same target simultaneously.

The Borg spotting is there, the accuracy enhancements given by platoon leader bonuses are there. Could it be that the individual vehicles in a platoon get undue advantages in the form of increased hit/kill propability when they are targeting the same target simultaneously ?

Reminder to self, next time I get a string of good luck report it on this post also, then head straight to Las Vegas. smile.gif

Ditto. smile.gif

Happens to me all the time. I was playtesting a scenario I had been working on and no matter which side I was presently playing, the AI ALWAYS was a better shot. If it was German, I knew my tanks were toast. If I was German, improved optics be damned, I'd get nailed on first shots from the AI.

From this painful lesson I came up with two possible answers.

Either I suck at this game

or

The AI cheats.

And from that I concluded:

Bad AI! No one likes a cheater! :D

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Happens to me all the time. I was playtesting a scenario I had been working on and no matter which side I was presently playing, the AI ALWAYS was a better shot. If it was German, I knew my tanks were toast. If I was German, improved optics be damned, I'd get nailed on first shots from the AI.

From this painful lesson I came up with two possible answers.

Either I suck at this game

or

The AI cheats.

And from that I concluded:

Bad AI! No one likes a cheater! :D

I like when AI is cheating.

Makes my fight way more idealistic...

regards

konrad

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Happens to me all the time. I was playtesting a scenario I had been working on and no matter which side I was presently playing, the AI ALWAYS was a better shot. :D

Ah, who do you think is doing the shooting in your own tanks? The AI also, no? ;)

Maybe I am just a BFC Fanboy, but I honestly do not believe the AI cheats in the CM games.

In my experience it is just much more common to remember and talk about the times you got 1 shotted by a conscript KV-1 at over 1000m twice in one battle, then the time your PzIII got behind a platoon of T-34s and killed all but one of them. (yes I play the Axis primarly)

I have heard said a 1000 caresses can be erased with a single sting.

Originally posted by Juju:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Happens to me all the time. I was playtesting a scenario I had been working on and no matter which side I was presently playing, the AI ALWAYS was a better shot. :D

Ah, who do you think is doing the shooting in your own tanks? The AI also, no? ;) </font>