Questions

I have browed CMBB off my uncle till i get my own version. All he lent me was the CD, no box or manual he left them at his.

so iam farther stuck at some accpects of the game

- wot is a dynamic flag and wot is the difference between that and a static one?

- wot does sewer movement mean?

Also is there any way of posting a mission i made on this forum? as i would like ppl to tell me wot my editoring skills are like.

thks ppl

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dynamic flag is when you have two to defend and you get to choose which is the "real" one.

Sewer movement is just that, down the holes you go. Use high quality troops or risk getting lost.

Go read this. And you may want to jump over to the CMBO section and read that FAQ too.

FAQ

Yeah i just sent them a mission called 'Crossroads'. It my first mission ive wanted to relese to other's i think its pretty cool.

I had to send it by email as i dont have a site to host it from or something like that. (it saz it all at the bottom of the page)

so how long will that take to be put on the site?

Originally posted by engima2003:

Yeah i just sent them a mission called 'Crossroads'. It my first mission ive wanted to relese to other's i think its pretty cool.

I had to send it by email as i dont have a site to host it from or something like that. (it saz it all at the bottom of the page)

so how long will that take to be put on the site?

Enigma,

The scenario posting policy for The Scenario Depot is as follows:

1) If the author enters all of the scenario details into the database using the proper submission form, I usually post the scenario file within a day or two...usually the next day when I get to work.

2) If the author sends the scenario details in an email along with the scenario file, then I usually get both posted within a day or two.

3) If the author does not enter the scenario details, but instead simply emails me the scenario and makes me research the details, then I usually post it sometime during the following weekend.

Submitting the scenario details is as easy as filling out the appropriate form. Under each heading on the menu at The Scenario Depot, you'll see Index, Search, and Submit. Click on Submit for the appropriate theater (CMBO or CMBB). A form will be displayed. Enter all of the applicable data. Note that there are several fields which are mandatory. Click submit. Your scenario data is then posted to the database. Each morning I examine the database for new entries, and if I have a scenario file in my Inbox, I post it for everyone's downloading pleasure.

Originally posted by engima2003:

well then Admiral Keth i screwed up. i just sent the file.

if i sen the details to now will the mission still be posted up preety soon? oh and reviewd? as iam wont to know wot other ppl think

enigma2003,

No, you didn't screw up, as your situation falls under category #3. At some point during next weekend, I'll load the scenario and research the details. The only differences between the various above categories is the speed by which your file gets posted.

If you emailed the details to me, it is definitely possible to have the file posted by sometime tonight.

Originally posted by Lars:

A dynamic flag is when you have two to defend and you get to choose which is the "real" one.

Actually, isn't it the attacker's choice? See pg. 42 in the manual. If the Dynamic Flags were set to "random," then there's no way to choose which is the "real" flag, it changes each time you play. If the Dynamic Flag is "Chosen" then the attacker can select the highest level HQ on the map and select the "activate flag" option, and click on the flag they wish to designate as "real."

enigma2003,

In addition, when submitting the scenario details via email, use the appropriate Scenario Submission form or Scenario Synopsis page as a template by which you fill out the data.

In other words, take a look at the pages where you download or submit the scenarios, and use the various fields as the template by which you submit your information. It will make your initial submission more accurate, although through the use of the Authors Only pages, you will be able to alter various aspects of your submission.

Enigma ...... you live in the UK and you have a genuine copy then you have the CDV version. Then get reading the manual !

Wot not got one ... well try the PDF version on the disk !!

Of course a pirate copy of the US version wont have this ...... so I'm sure if you have a genuine version and want help you wont mind telling everybody how many pages there are in the CDV pdf manual tongue.gif

Then I'm sure people around here will be very happy to help ...... Just a way of checking !

Lou2000

[ February 27, 2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Lou2000 ]

Originally posted by Lou2000:

Enigma ...... you live in the UK and you have a genuine copy then you have the CDV version. Then get reading the manual !

Wot not got one ... well try the PDF version on the disk !!

Of course a pirate copy of the US version wont have this ...... so I'm sure if you have a genuine version and want help you wont mind telling everybody how many pages there are in the CDV pdf manual tongue.gif

Then I'm sure people around here will be very happy to help ...... Just a way of checking !

Lou2000

methinks your being ignored... :eek:

Of course a pirate copy of the US version wont have this ...... so I'm sure if you have a genuine version and want help you wont mind telling everybody how many pages there are in the CDV pdf manual
Ship ahoy capt and i think its flying the skull and crossbones sir,sharpen the cutlass and ready the cannons for a broadside at the good ship enigma ;) .

PS

Lou hows capt green gettin on with the tourny ?Aint seen nothing posted for a while mate

Regards

J Lad

Of course a pirate copy of the US version wont have this ...... so I'm sure if you have a genuine version and want help you wont mind telling everybody how many pages there are in the CDV pdf manual
Ship ahoy capt and i think its flying the skull and crossbones sir,sharpen the cutlass and ready the cannons for a broadside at the good ship enigma ;) .

PS

Lou hows capt green gettin on with the tourny ?Aint seen nothing posted for a while mate

Regards

J Lad