Theater idea for CMAK : Greece 1940-1941

Why not adding this theater to CMAK ?

It doesn't demand lots of additions to the game : Crete is quite similar to Greece isn't it ?

So we could play Operation Marita and previous fights in Albania with Italian troops.

Except creating Greek and Yugoslavian troops, what is required to add this theater to the game ?

Paulus

I've noticed they seem to be shying away from making it a true "Mediterranean" theater wih inclusion of Greece and the Balkans. Perhaps the references for TO&Es in those theaters aren't as easy to come by as Tunisia and Italy, and doing a proper Med theater game might take several months more research than their willing to wait for... just me speculating.

I was kind'a hoping to see Mussolini in Ethiopia! tongue.gif

[ June 26, 2003, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

It would mean there would be a possibility to re-play 2 great movies : Guns of Navarone and Force 10 from Navarone. Those movies (or actually the books) were my first introduction into the WWII. It would be nice to get into the skin of Leigh Mallory and destroy some German guns!

Mies

Don't take this as an argument against the suggestion on the table; I think it's a fine idea. But my impression is that BFC's concept of this game is something of a drive-by: something they can dash off relatively quickly using data, models, and code already on hand without requiring too much extra research and work. Think of it as a very generous bone they are tossing us to keep us busy while they do the extensive work that is going to be required for CMII.

Inclusion of the Yugoslav and mainland Greek campaigns would probably just about triple their workload and production time. Information on the relevant armies in a form useful to the design of a game such as CM is not at all easy to come by, and even once it is in hand it has to be transformed into usable code and then playtested.

I'd love to have it included too, but I don't at all think that we can expect to see it on this go 'round.

Michael