Help re meeting engagement and unit select..

I was wondering if anyone could advise re the following. I have recently created a few meeting engagement scenarios allowing the pc to auto choose the units. Using armor as the force mix and mechanised as the division type. However the axis only ever seem to get small tanks and armored vehicles, panzer 3 at the best but no panzer 4 or 5. On one occasion it gave axis only panzer 2,s. Up against t34,s they never last long and the game does not seem balanced. How can I get the pc to auto select more balanced sides. Any advice would be helpful. thanks Adrian

I'll be watching to see if anyone has an answer, as my experience matches yours. I've pretty much given up on computer selection of units, unless it's infantry only. My favorite way to play QBs right now is with player selected units on human designed maps.

- Matt

The automatic selector is severely limited.

It basically random chooses from the list of available vehicles, and since the Germans have many more light vehicle variants that is what you get.

[ May 04, 2003, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

I, on the other hand, seem to get Panthers, StuGIII's and IV's, and PzIV's, and ....

Out of the 10+ Amoured ME's (1000pts) I just generated, I only got 1 where I would feel a bit cheated...2 platoons of flamePzIII's... :D

The Soviets always got a nice mix of T34's, SU76's etc (and there is always a BA64 :D )...

1000 point ME. May 1943 Central region. Armoured force composition. Both sides using mech divisions. Variable rarity.

Computer was allowed to pick 10 forces for both sides. All results are normalized to sum to 1000.

German Forces

PzIII 50 : 100

PzIII 75 : 72

StuG : 100

PzIV long: 385

Marders : 114

Recon : 85

HT's all : 114

Other : 14

Soviet Forces

T34's : 377

Lght Tank: 275

Recon : 212

Hvy Asslt: 15

Valintine: 39

KV1 : 31

Matilda : 24

Despite the fact that the Soviets have about 4 recon to choose from and the Germans many more...the soviets have more recon than the german recon and ALL halftracks combined.

There are LOTS of PzIV's.

I have been choosing 1942 and 1945. Perhaps 1943 would be better. Will give it a try. I wondered if I was better choosing a division type other than Mechanized. I myself prefer to select my troops but two of my pbem opponents are new to the game and want to Auto select. This leads me on to another question. When I purchase my own tanks they do not have an HQ tank and as a result take a long time to get orders. I have not seen a HQ tank to purchase..... Any advice? Thanks to all for the replies........... Ady

Originally posted by Ady:

I have been choosing 1942 and 1945. Perhaps 1943 would be better. Will give it a try. I wondered if I was better choosing a division type other than Mechanized. I myself prefer to select my troops but two of my pbem opponents are new to the game and want to Auto select. This leads me on to another question. When I purchase my own tanks they do not have an HQ tank and as a result take a long time to get orders. I have not seen a HQ tank to purchase..... Any advice? Thanks to all for the replies........... Ady

Ady,

Your buying individual units(I guess you know that smile.gif ) while your able to buy AFV *platoons*, this will give you a HQ. There is a toggle button visible when armor is selected, mess around there 'til the platoon/squad? notice appears. As a bonus, they just got cheaper.

KC

I just checked 'cause I couldn't remember exactly where that toggle button popped up. When armor is selected a *individual/platoon* switch pops up between "Experience" and "Location".

good hunting

[ May 04, 2003, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: Krazy Canuck ]

The time setting plays a major role in what you get, especially with rarity on.

In May 1943, don't expect Germany to have the fancy war gear. PzKpfw III's should be quite common still. If you're lucky, maybe a Tiger I. In about July (Kursk) the Panther D becomes available but the month afterwards German armor becomes almost non-existant.

If you really want to play with some Big Cats, late '43 on are good settings, esp. 1944.