Henschel konigstigers

The First 50 Tigers had the porsche designed Turret, which Henschel used on their chassis to ease production strain.

The Porsche had a shot trap and a weak spot on the side where the copula was located.

Most Porsche Turrets went to Panzer Lehr in France of 1944, and most where lost in the retreat of France in 1944.

According to Jentz, the five Tiger II's issued to it (Fgst.Nr 280001 - 280005) were test vehicles and therefore not combat ready. The unit issued them, Panzer-Kompanie 316 (Fkl) 316 was given Sturmgeschutze from another Lehr unit as replacements in addition to their three Tiger I's.

sPz Abt 503 received 12 Porsche turreted Kingtiger for its 1st Company and another 12 Porsche turreted Kingtigers for its 3rd Company.

So the 5 from Panzer-Kompanie 316 (Fkl) 316 / Pz Div Lehr and the 24 from sPzAbt 503 make 29 Kingtigers that were present in France.

As to the other 21(?) Porsche Kingtigers..likely distributed to the Panzer training / replacement schools.

MÃ¥kjager

Originally posted by l.cassidy:

I think he's talking about the King Tiger with Henschel's design turret, you can find more about that here: http://www.achtungpanzer.com/pz5.htm

This gives some insight everyone should read this I belive the first daigram is of an early working drawing of the Henschel king tiger unique but not the one I am refering to, I have never seen one with a rear cocked turet before but the one they produced ''photo not ilistrated'',had a forward cocked turet with a low profile and tail fins in the rear of the turet as well as chassis. where as the porche later model has a bulky turet centered in the midle. anyone who has played panzer general before should also know exactly what I am talking about.

[ May 31, 2004, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: beholders ]

beholders..why do you think a paper panzer design that never made it off the drawing table and into frontline combat should be included in a historically based tactical game???

That ''photo not ilistrated'' design you mention is just about the same as the one illustrated in the Achtung Panzer link..except that the turret is at the most forward position possible.

The VK4502(P) illustrated in the Achtung Panzer link is a paper base design by Ferdinand Porsche, using the chassie/hull drawings to experiment with possible locations for the turret ( Porsche round mantle design ).

I'm curious..just like Vergeltungswaffe.

Regards

Makjager

Originally posted by MÃ¥kjager:

beholders..why do you think a paper panzer design that never made it off the drawing table and into frontline combat should be included in a historically based tactical game???

That ''photo not ilistrated'' design you mention is just about the same as the one illustrated in the Achtung Panzer link..except that the turret is at the most forward position possible.

The VK4502(P) illustrated in the Achtung Panzer link is a paper base design by Ferdinand Porsche, using the chassie/hull drawings to experiment with possible locations for the turret ( Porsche round mantle design ).

I'm curious..just like Vergeltungswaffe.

Regards

Makjager

I don't think a paper design should be isued into the game, I am talking about the real life one. Whitch is not in the game.

[ May 31, 2004, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: beholders ]

Ok beholders..lets try it this way.

What CM game do you own?

#1- CMBO?

#2- CMBB?

#3-CMAK?

Which of the above listed games do you think the "Henschel" turreted Kingtiger should be in?

If you answer YES to both #1 and #2 then you will be glad to know that the Kingtiger with the Henschel turret is indeed found within these two games..CMBO and CMBB as the actual vehicle did see active service in the combat zones covered by these games.

If you are talking about the "Porsche" turreted Kingtiger you will be glad to know that it is indeed found within CMBO...but not CMBB ( representing one or two vehicles that may have seen action on the Russian front was felt to be a waste of time and resources by BFC , hence its absence from CMBB) and CMAK...where it did not see service either.

Any "other" Kingtiger projects were just that..projects that did not see combat service..and hence they are not included in ANY of the CM games.

So Sir..what are you asking for??

Regards

MÃ¥kjager

The only King Tigers in all the combat mission games are cmbo;early porche & late porche models excluding the (prototypes),cmbb and cmak late porche models. By 1944 only the Henschel model was produced with a flat HE turet to prevent artilery shells. Whitch is a very diferent looking tank from the porche or (production) model. I Will try to provide photographs but they seem to be not as comon as the porche.

[ May 31, 2004, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: beholders ]

Originally posted by beholders:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bone_Vulture:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by beholders:

If anyone has ever played panzer general before they know what I am talking about,''the facts''.

You mean the game? :confused: </font>

Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bone_Vulture:

If anyone has ever played panzer general before they know what I am talking about,''the facts''.

You mean the game? :confused: </font>