Sound Mod

After a rather long absence from the Battlefront forums, I return to find that people, like myself, are still playing the Combat Mission series. I think that I am going to release a newer, updated version of my sound mod for CMBO and CMBB. I will probably also create a new one for CMAK, but I need the sound map for it. Does anyone have a good sound map for CMAK that they could send to me? Thanks...

Hi Ncrawler it's really good to see you back! I've got back into it recently with the announcement of CMC - but an updated CMBB soundmod would be spot on! It's just what the game needs in my honest opinion, especially for the Russians and Minor Nations which were somewhat neglected in favour of German sound effects.

I remember your EAW sound effect too, what a game that was..

Originally posted by zmoney:

Awesome, I love your sound mod for cmbb. I was wondering if you did one for cmak. Good to see you back.

I think there is a sound map at cmmods. I can't remember what it's name is though.

Glad you liked the old one. You should like the new one as well when I finish it... I never got around to doing a mod for CMAK, although I did buy it. It is ripe for a mod though as the default sound fx are way too muted IMHO. I found a partial CMAK sound map and am in the process of identifying some of the sounds which were not listed. I'll let everyone know when it is finished and available for download...

Edit: Oh yeah, one thing that I am going to do is standardize the sounds between the games (as much as possible) so that an MG42 in CMBO will sound the same in CMAK, etc.

[ September 20, 2006, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: NCrawler ]