Cheery Threats of Stale Waffles and Moldy Goodales

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Snarker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

Snarker - you love child of Michael Jackson and Hetty Wainthrop. I demand a setup.

:mad: Who told???

Soddball, is that odor of rotten cheese stored in the belly of a corpse you? Oh, sorry, it's Goodale. Seems he's gone bleu cheese moldy this time... :D

Setup will hopefully hit your email sometime today. I will play the winning side, you the groveling vanquished. Any preference on map and force size?

Also, would you be kind enought to post recommended force sizes for the different map sizes in your FAQ? </font>

In honor of my taking up the guitar recently, here's a little tune for the unwashed masses in this thread.

Set to the music of Smoke Gets in Your Eyes.

Mold gets in Your Eyes

They asked me how I knew

My TNT was true

I of course replied

Something here inside

Cannot be denied

They said someday you’ll find

All who play CM are unkind

When you’re hard drive's on fire

You must realize

Mold gets in your eyes

So I chucked TNT at them and GAILY laughed

To think they could doubt my skills

Yet today my skills have flown away

I am without my skills

Now laughing friends deride

Tears I cannot hide

So I GARARRAGAGAGAGARAARRARA and say

When a lovely tank dies

Mold gets in your eyes

Mold gets in your eyes

With all apologies to Harry Belafonte

Cheers,

Jason

Is it true that after the short and tiresome "career" of Vanilla Ice was mercifully at an end, he moved to Finland, became a Finance & Accounting Student, took up playing CMBB, and goes by the name of Bone_Vulture? Will this be on VH-1's "Behind the Music" someday soon?

Mike the wino, assuming you eventually find this thread, WHERE'S MY TURN?? My panzers are on the move to eliminate the tattered remnants of your godless horde (that's spelled H-O-R-D-E before you get all excited).

Goodale, at least send me a surrender. I hate to leave such an overwhelming victory hanging just a few turns short of completion. Besides, I want to see what forces you started with and how much TNT you chucked at me.

"Mold Gets in Your Eyes" is just the kind of thing that will attract Seanachai for one of his jolly sing alongs. I believe the gnome has telepathic powers to find these musical posts. Be very careful about posting songs, as he could appear literally out of nowhere; or at least out of the mythical land of Minnesota, which is practically the same place.

[ March 25, 2003, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

Originally posted by Soddball:

Mike the Wino has lost nearly all his tanks in Becket's abomination. He is whining and grumbling like my girlfriend. He is secretly excited about becoming my first wife.

What what what? I was nearly positive that this scenario would have the Germans too strong. Then again, mike sucks. :D Seriously, boys, let me have your feedback when you're done. The one thing I think the map really needs is some variance to the elevation, though I want to keep the killing field downriver. What do you think of the map concept? Oh, I'll review Inferno today.

More on stuff: SgtGoody is terrorizing my poor Russian town, after making us sit and wait for 20 turns. This is getting really, really, ugly. Meanwhile, Goodwhale hasn't been heard of in years. But that's okay, a red crested marmot could now take over for me and still beat Goodale (it would basically be a matter of just hitting "go" until they surrender in a few turns). As for the aforementioned wino, he's chosen Gorbatov as the site of our rematch. Yer on, mikey.

Thank you Becket for that endorsement.

BTW, killing field? What killing field? Not even a Canadien with French leanings and suicidal tendencies would actually attempt combat out there. Although, as things are going it might not have been a bad route.

Dave H quit yer yapping and check your inbox. Although, this scenario is set in the dead of winter there are furious amounts of Molten-TNT, being flung about (mostly by me :D ). All this TNT is causing the destruction of many vehilces (his :eek: ). I hold one end of town, he the other. What good will come of it?

Axe2121 is perplexed. Not that difficult to acheive as the lad's mummy still handles the knots on his shoes. The daffy Canuck must have some pent-up, anti-religion issues to deal with as he is presently shooting up an empty church. Oh, and he wants to know if Soddball is always this demented...any takers on answering that one?

[ March 25, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: mike_the_wino ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AH A HAH AH A HA HAGAGRAGRGAR GR A AGRA GRAGRA GRAGRAGR A GRA A A AHAH AH AH AH GARARGGRGR!!!! :mad: :mad:

What's the matter puss sacks!!?? Thought I had mercy on you sorry, pathetic sacks of burnt flesh and decided to go away for good!?? Huh!?? :mad: :mad: Blasphemy!! I'm back, I've scraped the mold from my sack and I'm pissed like never before! PFF! Becket and DaveH think they have it "aaallll wraaaaped up" eh? Think again maggots. I'm gonna reach up your asses with a a TNT slathered hand and grab a hemroid and watch your head blow off!! :mad:

Turns are coming out tonight you TNT-lacking, non-tnt-chucking, Iraqi-loving, lead eating, non-anfry-lead-spitting, american flag burning, amoeba-breeding bags of pig nuts!! :mad: :mad:

Wino you sorry excuse for an aids infested street bum how's "Mein Kampf" coming along?! Yeah that's right. Your lips are burnt off so you can't say ****!

RGAARGGRARGGR!! :mad:

Originally posted by Dave H:

The man certainly has a way with words! tongue.gif

Goodale, you better have a good explanation for your time AWOL. GRRRRR!!! :mad:

Dave, please don't ask that question again. Not after he said this:

I've scraped the mold from my sack.
On the good side, this should finally force out all those awful images I've had in my head since watching The Ring the other day.

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Axe2121 is perplexed. The daffy Canuck must have some pent-up, anti-religion issues to deal with as he is presently shooting up an empty church.

Raised a Catholic and kicked out of religion class at least once a week in high school.

Don't go looking for sanctuary in that building on my watch. :D

Oh, and welcome back from the land of the moldering, Mastergoofball. I'd challenge you to a match but it seems you've got your plate full, what with all that surrendering and whatnot.

Cheers,

Jason

Hey Becket and Dave H don't forget this offer from MasterGoodale :

I'm gonna reach up your asses with a a TNT slathered hand

You bathhouse boys sure have an odd sense of fun. Not that there is ANYTHING WRONG with that pf course.

Personally I just a keep a seat between me and my male friends at the movies. Females...well they can sit on the lap. :D

As far as WeeWolf , that wanker is still moaning over the loss of 2 AFVs while I am kicking myself for only getting 2. Damnit all to hell, I wanted all 4 exposed AFVs. Oh well, ya gotta cross the kill...er, open fields sometime there junior.

The terms are in your Inbox Becket build the map and let's get this donkey pulling the cart.

MasterGoodale - you are more full of poo than a poo lorry laden to the gills. Where is my turn? One turn every six days is not enough HOT MOLTEN TNT!! :mad: :mad: .

Mike the Wino suffers cruelly on this scrotal wart that Becket claims is a scenario. I have left Mike with almost no armour at all and his distress is palpable, although enjoyable. He has admitted that the prospect of becoming my wife is driving him wild with lust.

My suggestions for Becket's scenario:

No bugger is going to cross those bridges. Lord knows what you do about that.

Too little infantry to close-assault in the town area.

Aircraft can be an unknown quantity. MTW has been carved up by my plane, his one has tasted little but air.

More flamethrowers, everywhere.

Good points Soddball. The WirbleWind may just not be enough to discourage enemy planes. Or did mike send that at a bridge? smile.gif I think some elevation changes might make the bridges a bit more "crossable" and some arty would help too. Agreed that more infantry is needed, too.

As for mike, I've now sent the rematch. Comrade Gorbatov's house is going to be mine!!!!

[ March 26, 2003, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

Originally posted by Becket:

Good points Soddball. The WirbleWind may just not be enough to discourage enemy planes. Or did mike send that at a bridge? smile.gif I think some elevation changes might make the bridges a bit more "crossable" and some arty would help too. Agreed that more infantry is needed, too.

You could replace the bridge outside the town with a ford or marsh. That would mean that you could drop the elevation around it right down, and surround the area with woods and brush. Provide a couple of good covered lines of approach, one from either side, and you can be pretty sure of a lunatic firefight around the ford. People will be desperate to cross it because it's not exposed to the elements, but terrified in case their crossing tanks get savaged by infantry.

As to the Wirblewind - hadn't seen it, thanks for the tip. smile.gif

However, I have fixed AA assets, for MTW to have mobile seems a bit odd. I would suggest three alternatives:

1) Remove the planes entirely. Remove the AA assets from both sides entirely.

2) Remove the planes, but give both sides fixed AA assets and halftracks/trucks to tow them around with.

3) Keep the planes but provide fixed AA assets for both sides.

As for artillery - it's not going to be much use. Because of low numbers of infantry (which are what arty is really going to be useful against) players will have to be very lucky to achieve anything with it.

You might also consider trying something fun with the wooded area. What you could do is make the river meander, put some marshes and soft ground in, then a deep ford. That would mean that some infantry from either side could slip across, and cause harassment to the enemy's forces. The meander would mean that the ford would be covered from some angles, making it more of a challenge to defend unless your setup is very good.

Also noticed a shortage of support units - MGs, AT rifles, panzershrecks. They are key and can really add some excitement, particularly if the map is jiggied up to produce more 'knife-fighting' for the infantry.

Mike_the_rhino still refuses to charge, prefering to cower behind buildings and the like.

Rumor has it, his latrines are full because of the fright my marauding hordes are putting into his poopertruppen.

I like the map Soddy although I found myself slapping my head at missing one obvious avenue for attack early on. Hopefully I can rectify that in time. Anybody else hate it when they miss those chances?

Cheers,

Jason

As my German is lacking might I query..does Wirbel=out of or lacking? Cuz my Wirblewind, although being mobile, tracks incoming bogies like a drunken sloth...and it fires even slower. Coupled with the fact it has the armor equivilant of wet cardboard makes this pile of ****e truly useless. Thanks Becket .

Soddball I noticed the mention of FTs, does this mean I can expect some as reinforcements? I all ready have a truck, 2 in fact. I also see that AssMonkey has an M17. Do you have some kinda halftrack fetish? Nevermind, I don't want to know. Doesn't matter since I can see more than 50m this thing doesn't stand much of a chance against my uber-Junior-Boys-underwater-basket-weaving team. Tiny bits of TNT are beginning to fall.

The weather in Dave H's neck of the woods is improving but the game, well...there is a reason one doesn't hang out in buildings without armor support while fending off KV-1s and T-34s. The urban renewal is proceeding nicely, the Ruskia all-Pro-Vodka-drinking champions are advancing and the lowly, cowering Krauts are dieing. Truly a beautiful sight.

Peck-at-it , PAH! Choose our own forces and you select combined arms? How un-gamey of you. I would have expected more gameyness out the gameyest, flaming, gaming gamer that I have seen in a long time. By all means take the house....and don't mind the bright red target on it. :D

Tanklord you don't get bolded, or even mentioned, if you can't stop touching yourself long enough to send more than one turn a week. Why don't you play MastaLaggAllday ? I would like to see how long it would take you two nimrods to finish a game. Hell, you could even give us an AAR, if you two are still alive. SEND A TURN! :mad:

[ March 26, 2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: mike_the_wino ]

HERE ARE MY UPDATES, PUS-SACKS!!! :mad: :mad:

I tell you, if Goodale doesn't ship me a turn soon I'm going to pile so much hot, molten, face-melting TNT down his slack, drooling maw he'll be pissing MOLTEN TNT FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE!!! :mad: :mad:

MikeT and I are beating each other totally stupid in our game. 600 points, infantry-only. I recommend it. It's crazy talk.

Froglord Krocker sends about one turn every four days. What a faggy nonce scumbag filthbucket goat-fellating earwig-snogging cheese fisting monkey butler. GET ME MORE TURNS!

Scumbag Snarker has sent me a setup, to which I have replied. I have picked all-elite Brummbars and Elefants, which should make things interesting.

Sub-slime has failed to respond to my challenge. What a scuzzbucket.

I WANT MORE GAMES!! FIGHT ME, ALL OF YOU!!!

Angry out loud!! :mad: :mad:

As far as WeeWolf , that wanker is still moaning over the loss of 2 AFVs while I am kicking myself for only getting 2. Damnit all to hell, I wanted all 4 exposed AFVs. Oh well, ya gotta cross the kill...er, open fields sometime there junior.
Oh, you can be sure I will crose the field. But your men wont be able to do anything about it, since they will all be burning in their bunkers!

Originally posted by Soddball:

Very well puss-nuts - send me a setup.

I've almost ercovered from "play testing" Mistress Poorpiss's 2nd scenario - it would've ended earlier but neither myself nor my estemed opponent were ever in a hury to actually open teh god-awful piece of carp!!

So beware - I'm angry, uptight, and completely incompetant!

Originally posted by Mike:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

Very well puss-nuts - send me a setup.

I've almost ercovered from "play testing" Mistress Poorpiss's 2nd scenario - it would've ended earlier but neither myself nor my estemed opponent were ever in a hury to actually open teh god-awful piece of carp!!

So beware - I'm angry, uptight, and completely incompetant! </font>