T-28 and T-40

T-40 is already in the game (just make sure you have the right dates).

T-28/T-35 will not make it into CMBB due to their multiple turrets and CM's current inability to separately target them. Despite the existence of the T-26m1931 in CMBB - the dual MG turrets don't need to work in the same manner that the turrets of the 'land battleships' would with their different gun types in the turrets (and they don't actually rotate for that matter too). There would probably be no workarounds that would really work in the game to accomodate these AFVs since the lack of individual targeting for each turret would displease a vast majority of players (and even then it may not be possible to have two or more working cannons on an AFV with the current code).

[ December 31, 2002, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

The CM "engine" can't handle multi-turreted vehicles, so they won't be in CMBB. You can probably expect them in the next CM, but since it's in the Mediterranean/African theatre, I don't think that will be relevant. AFAIK, BFC has no plans to go back and upgrade CMBO or CMBB w/ future improvements (i.e. give CMBO the improvements from CMBB).

In CMBB, you can use the T-26 M1931, but it's two MG-turrets are modeled by 2 "coaxial" MGs. You won't see any AFV w/ two real main cannons.

Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

The CM "engine" can't handle multi-turreted vehicles, so they won't be in CMBB. You can probably expect them in the next CM, but since it's in the Mediterranean/African theatre, I don't think that will be relevant.

The Med game should have M3 Lee/Grant tanks which have a similar multi-gun arangment. IIRC there was also a french tank with a large hull gun and a smaller turret gun.

Aaron

T-28/T-35 will not make it into CMBB due to their multiple turrets and CM's current inability to separately target them. Despite the existence of the T-26m1931 in CMBB - the dual MG turrets don't need to work in the same manner that the turrets of the 'land battleships' would with their different gun types in the turrets (and they don't actually rotate for that matter too).
That explanation works for the T-35, but AFAIK the T-28 only had MGs in the turrets, too, so it wouldn't be hard to abstract them.

Originally posted by Aaron:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

The CM "engine" can't handle multi-turreted vehicles, so they won't be in CMBB. You can probably expect them in the next CM, but since it's in the Mediterranean/African theatre, I don't think that will be relevant.

IIRC there was also a french tank with a large hull gun and a smaller turret gun.

Aaron</font>

Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

AFAIK, BFC has no plans to go back and upgrade CMBO or CMBB w/ future improvements...

I don't think I'd put it quite that way. Steve has mentined a couple of times over the years that they would like to revisit CM1 and CM2 after CM3 and CM4 are done in order to bring them up to the current standards. I wouldn't call that a firm committment, but barring the unforeseen, it seems likely.

Michael