MZO War College

Hi all...

Myself and a few others have been working on something over at Master Zen Online. We have worked to create the MZO War College

MZO War College are "collective games" meant to sharpen the skills and tactics of those who participate and more importantly, have an enjoyable Combat Mission experience. Those who participate will play an identical scenario against the AI and then post an after action report(AAR) detailing how they went about fighting the battle. Through the AARs and discussion in the MZO War College forum it is our hope that everyone will become better at the game we love, Combat Mission.

We are just starting this up and things haven't been totally worked out yet. We are always open to new suggestions from any and all. If you would be interested please join us. Hopefully it'll help people learn and you'll have fun doing it.

BigDork

[ April 30, 2004, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: BigDork ]

Yeah I can tell you that MZO CM is a great place to be. It adds another dimension to CM PBEM playing. You can start your own threads in the PBEM forum and tell other ppl about your games and post pictures (which is really easy BTW). There are lots of detailed AARs too with pictures. The ppl are very friendly. So go and have a look.

bigdork, i just read your post at mzo, screenshots. i have had irfanview for a long time and never thought of using it for screenies. been using ms paint, converting to jpeg. is there really that much difference in displayed quality?

if i only learn one thing at mzo, it was worth the visit.

smile.gif

I always resize my screenshots to 800x600 because they fit better in the forums at that size and when you do it in MSPaint you lose a lot of the resolution. In Irfanview you just use CTRL+R to bring up the resize screen and after you have resized it use SHIFT+S and that'll sharpen the image some. I suggest giving it a try with both and you should see a bit of a difference. But in the end I guess it all comes down to personal preference. And I'm glad I could help ya learn something.

Herr Kruger, well we'd love to have you join us if possible. I look forward to seeing you over at MZO

BiD

Richie...

I'm glad you like the idea. smile.gif

So far there was the Comparitive Game #1 created by Panzer32. It was really just an idea at the time and an experiment to see how well the idea would work.

I kinda really put some effort into the idea after that. Ran some polls to see what people thought. We brainstormed up a name, War College. I set up a scenario, Barbarossa Blitz and then just started posting about it a lot hoping it'd get some attention. So far people seem pleased and that's great.

[ April 30, 2004, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: BigDork ]

All...

Also, some people are having problems downloading the scenario. I have it up at the Scenario Depot but the link isn't working right. I e-mailed the scenario to the guys there hoping that they'd be able to host it for me instead. Also for some reason some people can't download it from MZO itself. If that's the case either send me an e-mail, a PM at MZO, or just post over there that you can't download it and I'll gladly e-mail it right to ya.

BigD

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by BigDork:

War College 3 is almost ready to go. It's about to start being playtested.

If you join up now, or rather before the 3rd one begins playing, do you play just the latest one or all of them? I've visited your site but have avoided reading any AARs or the like in case I do join. I've just been really busy with things.

J Kruger

All will be available for anyone interested to play. So no matter if you join now or after WC7 starts up you can start up any of them and have fun with it.

What I'll probably do is make a thread linking all the different War College "Semesters" and their matching AARs.

Originally posted by BigDork:

All will be available for anyone interested to play. So no matter if you join now or after WC7 starts up you can start up any of them and have fun with it.

What I'll probably do is make a thread linking all the different War College "Semesters" and their matching AARs.

Ah, okay. I am really tempted to join so I could feel motivated to play the AI and learn to play CM better. It's just time issues. Grrr.

J Kruger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...