The Italian Amored Assets...

... are represented quite poorly in CMBB. There were some more models (like the Semoventi da/with a 75 or 105 mm guns) and truck mounted 90mm AA guns and so on. I really liked to use those toys while playing the Steel Panthers Series.

My question why weren't those machines used on the Eastern Front? Well, I can't wait but I look forward to use them in CMAK.

Cheers!

http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/quarters/4635/tanks/semoventi/semoventi.htm

I guess one reason for not using the tanks were that their overall armor was weak, they were slow and the narrow tracks seriously impaired their mobility; generally it looks like that they weren't competetive with the other tanks on the Eastern Front. The 105 Semoventi was also a late-comer, with only a few produced before Italy signed the armistice.

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/Italy/ItalianTruckMountedArtillery.html

This has a couple of pictures of the Autocanone da 90, mounted on a Lancia truck.

Nice links, even if the first one is temporarily not available. I got my informations from a few books I came across and the page panzerlexikon. It's in German but it holds a lot of information.

I'm aspecially curious about the performance of the Semovente da 75. I don't think the lack of armor is the main reason for not including it (think of the Semovente da 47). Might be some historical reasons.

Steel Panthers also had a quite odd SP 90 AA gun. Funny to use - even the Hornisse/Nashorn had a thicker amor :eek:

[ July 09, 2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Da Beginna ]

I know there were more Italian armor types, but how many of them actually made it into Russia? As it is the presence of Italian CV-33 tankettes in Russia is highly doubtful. They certainly didn't serve on the front lines anyway. Hungarian CVs yes, Italian no.

What served where is going to be a much bigger topic of debate when CMAK shows up. And not just Italian armor. Will BFC have the nerve to leave King Tigers and Comets out of the game simply because they never served in that theater of operations?

Dear MickeyD,

I see your point - I'm with you and I don't want a King Tiger in Italy if it is not historical to have it there. Sometimes it's nice to use a Sturmtiger or two - for the sake of gaminess :D , but this is fixed by the rarity systems and some additional rules.

I have a soft spot for the Italian armor as it is so damn outdated and suicidal to use :D .

Just found another interesting link: Onwar

AVANTI!

P.S: Check out the Semovente M41M da 90/53 ... SWEET!

[ July 09, 2003, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Da Beginna ]

I want to see KTs in CMAK--but only for use in remakes all of those favorite CMBO scenarios. I'm yearning for CMBO with the latest graphics. So, I hope I speak for a lot of us CMBO fans out there and say...GIMME KTs...GIMME Pershings...JUST GIMME GIMME GIMME. For me CMAK will be CMBO 2 with some desert scenarios thrown in just for variety. I am getting a bit burnt on BB but just can't seem to go back to BO.

Thump! (the sound of coming back down to earth). But realistically, I'm sure there is a limit on how much they can do. I hope that I will be having so much fun with my multi-turreted Lees, Grants, and even M11/39s that I won't pine so much for the Ardennes battles.

The Italian armour models availability in CMBB is probably too wide! (historically speaking)

No doubt that CMAK will feature a much wider range of Italian AFVs.

Speaking of the KT issue I'm almost sure they will let it in with an absurd level of rarity. This will avoid unhistorical QB purchases as well as allowing for what-ifs and western Europe scenarios.

Regards,

Amedeo