Another CMBB oddity

I have not seen this mentioned elsewhere, and could not find it with a search, but:

Ocasionally when I am using my Line-of Sight or Targeting function to learn more about an enemy unit in OPEN GROUND, I will get a readout that states "Exposure=0%".

This appears even though I have a wide-open shot to the target unit, with no obstructions of any kind (including ridgeline/terrain obstructions).

Can anyone comment?

[ January 15, 2003, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: wbs ]

Originally posted by CombinedArms:

Normally exposure of 0% occurs when an infantry unit is hiding behind a stone wall. Is that possible here? It's still possible to damage them, esp with 152mm.

Exposure gives a percentage of how much the unit is covered by "something". Probably the program doesn't check for this "something" getting blown throught the unit... :D

Checked my old turns, for three turns the crew unit crawled in open and then knelt in some grass My stationary KV2 when targeting it got 0% exposure (open and in grass) on all turns. Eventually the crew got up and wandered away chewing some grass between its teeth admiring the wildlife, happy in its invunerability to my KV.