Question about bmps and ID

Ok, what .bmps are used for vehicles that are partially IDed but not fully IDed? We have several types of T34s, but when they are partially IDed as "T34 Tank" but not the specific type, which .bmps are being used at that point? Have these been modded? Is it one specific type of T34 which is being shown in this level of identification?

Just wondering.

J Kruger

There's one set for 'Tank?' (tanky looking) & one set for 'Light Armor?' (half tracky looking). I found the .BMPs, but I don't have them in front of me now. I thought of Modding them, but I haven't had any clever ideas that would stiill be completely generic.

strt

(grammer)

[ February 13, 2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: mchlstrt ]

Boy, if I had thought of this when the "Most Wanted Mod" thread was hot, this is what I would have said. The generic markers are durn ugly. The light grey ones are particularly annoying. Just because a vehicle is unidentified, it shouldn't stand out so glaringly from the landscape...if anything the generic markers should be darker, more mysterious.

I hope one of the talented modders agrees and takes this one on!

- Matt

No, I'm not talking about the grey, blockey "Tank?" and "Light Armor?" shapes. Those are displayed before a vehicle is IDed even as a tank or not, ie. your troops are not sure it is even a tank. I'm talking about what bmps are displayed when your troops know it is a T34, but what type of T34 it is is not yet known. What I'm asking is, is there a generic T34 bmp that is displayed before the specific T34 bmp comes into use. In a QB I'm playing I've knocked out two T34s, one is fully IDed, the other is not. Are there different bmps for such a case... My CMBB is not heavily modded so I'm not sure myself yet.

Not sure if I made myself clear or not...

J Kruger