Is there any way to make a mod of the USA, Brits, Pols, French, and Canadians for cm2

Originally posted by jamesroe16:

I wish we could convert cmbo to cmbb. The editor and quick battles are much better. Is Battlefront working on any new cm games or expansions.

I'm sorry, but could you tell me how BO QB's/Editor is better than BB? WHat features are you missing, and what qualities do the BO QB's have that is lacking in the Rodina?

It would be possible to Mod a West Front version of CMBB--but it would be a big job. There's a very extensive Pacific war Mod for CMBO, and that is a very difficult thing to do,since you've got to create whole new terrains (jungles/beaches) and a mode of warfare, specifically not modelled in CMBO (amphibious). Yet the modding is very successful on the whole.

Since there are a decent selection of Lend Lease western tanks in the CMBB weapons mix, you could actually do it, I think. You'd have to forego the bocage (not in CMBB) and certain important tanks, like the Sherman Firefly, that have no Lend-Lease equivalent. But you could probably find an equivalent to the American infantry squad somewhere (I think there's an 11 man squad with 225 close range firepower that would be pretty close.) The biggest difference would probably be the absence of a bazooka in the Russian arsenal. That really changes game play.

In QB's you'd probably have to turn off rarity to play with the lend lease weapons. But the whole translation could be done if some ambitious modder wanted to try it...

[ January 31, 2003, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: CombinedArms ]

"...Is there any way to make a mod of the USA, Brits, Pols, French, and Canadians for cm2 "

Were Canadians at the Eastern Front? Dag nab it, I must have missed that in my reading! And Americans too! And Limeys! Who'd a thunk it?

Whose side were they fighting on? Wait a sec - I know... they were members of the International Brigade from the Spanish Civil War who fled to the USSR after Franco won...

Okay, just kidding. Canadians never fought for the USSR. We just adopted some of their politics... :D

There were some Spanish, Poles, Norwegians and even French on the German side. But they can be reasonably well simulated in the game, if not exactly. There were Russians on the German side and Germans on the Russian side, too... but for my taste, the game is rich enough without needing that much more detail. And none of them made that much difference. Whereas the Poles fighting for the USSR had a real effect (are they included in CMBB? not sure...) so they ought to be in the game.