Work in progress : "from scratch" Panther G

Hello everyone,

As I said in a recent topic about the Panther G, I'm actually working on a "from scratch" model, mostly based on the Zimorodok's "Modders series" Panther A (Thank you Zim ! smile.gif ) and the original BMPs from BFC.

The reason of this work would be, IMHO, the cruel lack of winter mods for this panzer. I'm also thinking about the late Panther G (with the chin mantlet). As this two panzers are almost identical, the work is not very very long.

I would like to, first, release a "Photoshop files package" for modders with some options : steelwheels, zimmerit, markings...

Then, I will start a satisfactory mod for both Panther G and G late (winter and summer versions).

Most of the work (for Panther G) is now done, it only needs some tests. Previews of the stuff ASAP... ;)

Hi all !

More news about the work smile.gif The Panther G ("normal") is almost done. I need to fix some little problem : ventilator exhaust on the turret top, hull MG and roadwheels.

Here are the two previews of the model :

Panther G with standard roadwheels :

BG_scratch_PzVGsteelwheels.jpg

Panther G "steel wheels" :

BG_scratch_PzVG.jpg

As you can see, two roadwheel "system" will be possible (for the PSD file package). Of course, this device will also be available for the late model. I also tried to add a mesh pattern on the main gun. It's not so good for the moment... ...Hey, it's a first try ! :D

Keep you informed !

Hi All !

Panther G "standard version" is now ready to mod. Ventilator exhaust, hull MG and roadwheels now fixed. I also check the horrible "pink spots" ! The fear of all modders !! :D

As there's not so much work and the late Panther G model, I plan to release both panzers at the same time at cmmods.com.

Keep the CM community informed...

PS to Zimorodok : Check your email ! You've got some stuff to mod now ;)

Hi All,

Hope you've got some time to look at this modest post... ...as CMAK demo has been released, I suspect the CMBB forum to be a bit "forgot" :(

Here is my WIP for the late Panther G. I try to represent a camo scheme which was adopted by the "Wiking" SS Pz Div. in fall 1944.

PzVGlate.JPG

I find my lines a bit too sharp, and the the dark yellow a bit too "greenish"...

Advices and suggestions are, as usual, very very welcome smile.gif

[ November 20, 2003, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Bogdan ]