KV-I Bitchfest

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BulletRat:

Finally, a quick check on your details confirmed what I suspected, american - mid 20's, why am I so not surprised? :rolleyes: [/QB]

So far you have used swear language and now are throwing around ethnic/age stereotyping!

WOW YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I AM SORRY OH SUPERIOR ONE! LOL!

Anyhow, good you tried something that should have a chance of working. And it didn't, well thats how the ball bounces.

Lets ask the pertinent question here, what are you trying to accomplish with this thread. Are you trying to find people to validate your whining? Are you trying to find out HEY YOU ARE RIGHT KV I's ARE TOTALLY GAMEY IN SMALL GAMES AND BFC SHOULD BAN THEM AND WE SHOULD FLOG THOSE WHO HAVE USED THEM IN THE PAST! ? I am not sure, or are you just doing your impression of a 2 year old? So just what is it?

BTW the word b*tchfest really doesn't help your case.

Now you can do a couple of things:

1.) Play Pre-gens

2.) Play with house rules (which is just sad in this case as not game exploit is being taken advantage of)

3.) Play another game.

4.) Plan better.

5.) Get better at playing the game.

6.) Change opponents

7.) AND THIS IS THE BIG ONE, you said you like "historical" battles (yet won't play pre-gens which is funny) so act historically, as in if the position is unteneable the retreat and leave.

So basically you are ranting, which is poor food for the forum. You are ranting about something the greater majority thinks is a non-factor. And lastly it could easily be your opponent ranting about "THAT JERK WHO BOUGHT THE TWO 150mm GUNS IN THE DIRECT FIRE MODE AND KILLED ALL MY INFANTRY". Notice how he is not doing that, now is that because he is more mature or that he planned accordingly for the upcoming battle?

Sorry I see nothing wrong with your situation, and there are tons of options for you to persue, and before you jump and say I am a KV lover or something, I have yet to use a single KV I in CMBB and the only reason I have used a KV II is that is was in a pre-gen scenario. I normally use the T-34 when I use tanks.

That is just the opinion of a mid 20 American newbie though smile.gif

[ February 27, 2003, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Priest ]

FWIW just done a quick check prompted by the 5 Pz38s in the right conditions against the a lone KV idea. QB Aug 41 Standard Rarity 5 Pz38T(E) in a platoon costs 297 points. 2 KVs in a platoon costs 279 points. So a single KV points wise is the equivalent of two and a bit ( :rolleyes: ) Pz38Ts, and five onto one isn't gonna happen.

Oh and Priest, do stop the shouting, people might read your posts then, there's a good fellow.

Well I've had my say, and I see no point in arguing this further.

However as has been the advice of several posters, I will enforce the "No KV in '41" rule, my opponent can feel free to add his own rule if he wishes (No 88s/no 150s/no Stugs etc...) which I'm quite happy to abide by - fairs fair.

Reckon I'll try that "nothing over x% rarity" as well...

Bullet Rat and Priest,

what about deliberately playing a KV vs. Pz 38 or III PBEM against each other and enlightening the silently weeping majority with some good AARs and advice to show the tactically challenged how it should/can be done?

Cheers

Nolloff

P.S. Maybe you can develop a Matthau/Lemon type of relationship ;)

[ February 28, 2003, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: Nolloff ]