I love this game.

A 300 point QB: I thought I had it made when they gave me *six* T-26s in early '42. Starting from the corner of the diamond shaped map, I spread out to get side shots, but people couldn't see my hand signals. Learned there was a brutal penalty of 10 seconds per waypoint, preventing all my favorite hook-like flanking moves. Learned the T-26 is slower than just about EVERY German tank. The commander died right off the bat, caught in the open frantically trying to wave everyone down. Got every single one of my tanks creamed by a PzIII and a PzIV with only a few ricochets to show for it.

I love this game. Where else can you get such a dose of reality?

Sodd

Don't you hate to see this? Another youth wasting his life...

Another victim of the world wide MSC conspiracy (Madmatt/Steve/Charles) little does he realize that while awake he plays CMBB and CMBO and while he thinks he's asleep at night their evil programming take over and he stalks the land looking for innocent humans to bore with tales of simulated combat....... : ]

The only known cure is to drink heavily, develop an interest in girls and watch Giligian Island reruns in French.

That poor bastard

Originally posted by laxx:

Hey Soddball,

whatever happened to MasterGoodale ? last I heard was the discovery of some pre-war photos he got from his gramps.

sorry for being totally off-topic.

laxx

We have him cornered and tamed in this thread.

Fortunately, so long as we keep it on page 1, he stays contained.

Oh, he's keeping a low profile because I am turning his Allied Assault into a lightly breaded deep-fried scampi sandwich. His tanks (the few that remain) are cowering out of reach of my AT guns, and his infantry are hiding in the patches of woodland that my machine gunners can't reach. Sadly for Goodale, the nightmare is only just beginning. :D

Soddball you inept, lizard trainer. This kind and gentle soul, sightreader , is merely expressing a love for a truly wonderful game. Can't you just let the poor man enjoy it?

:confused:

Of course not, you are truly a wicked man. This is further evidenced by your scenarios. For example, Inferno should be released this weekend for all you fun-loving guys and gals. Truly a horrific piece set at night and in the fog. Lots of reinforcements, a meat-grinder extradonaire.

{I expect my standard fee of 3 shekels for shamelessly promoting one of your scenarios. Please deposit in same off-shore account}

Learned the T-26 is slower than just about EVERY German tank.
You've found a German tank that it ISN'T slower than? Do tell.

I guess maybe the captured French job. Maybe.

You can still achieve reasonable coordination (within the platoon) with judicious application of delays. Coordinating them with the rest of the battle is the real challenge. ;)

Originally posted by demoss:

You can still achieve reasonable coordination (within the platoon) with judicious application of delays. Coordinating them with the rest of the battle is the real challenge. ;) [/QB]

Except that I was having to put moves in for 2 turns in advance: by the time they get around their 90 second delay, someone has spoiled the whole affair. I wasn't quite ready for that: I'll have to make a plan that doesn't require such reactivity next time...