www.cmmods.com is back up!!!

We live just North of Columbus and lost power for about 12 hours. Big relief to come home and find the lights back on after work Tuesday (especially after the local news was saying some areas would be out until Friday).

Jeesh. We had no hot water. About a ton of frozen stuff that could have gone bad. But I actually found myself thinking about how long I would have to wait until my next game. I need some couch time.

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

ummm this is a BIT off topic... but could i possibly post a mod for panzer elite at CMMODS columbos? pleeeeze... pretty please with suger ontop? AND A CHERRIE!!!! :(

Normally I wouldn't mind (just for you ;) ), but bandwidth is at such a premium that I can't afford to waste any on files being d/l'd for another product or game. It would NOT be fair to the loyal CM fans who have to suffer though <1.0k throughput speeds already. Sorry...

Hi, ColumbusOH.

Im glad u managed the serv back up again.

Must have been pretty frustrating.

Nice to see things back to normal.

About downloading capacity?

Ive uploaded 3 scenario's just, as maybe u have seen.

I just thought id mention to u that i wont be uploading those all the time now, i know there's a regular place for those. So all modders arent going to get lower speed to download the mods.

Since your site is really the only place for those.

I just posted them at yours, because i haddent have any luck uploading to the scenario depot before...(im trying again just today) and i just HAD to post them, being so happy i made my first worthy scenario's.

(ahum, i donno bout that, its to be seen...)

Also, thanks for putting up with me on your notoriously brave site of ours...)))

[ July 11, 2003, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

Originally posted by theike:

Hi, ColumbusOH.

Im glad u managed the serv back up again.

Must have been pretty frustrating.

Nice to see things back to normal.

About downloading capacity?

Ive uploaded 3 scenario's just, as maybe u have seen.

I just thought id mention to u that i wont be uploading those all the time now, i know there's a regular place for those. So all modders arent going to get lower speed to download the mods.

Since your site is really the only place for those.

I just posted them at yours, because i haddent have any luck uploading to the scenario depot before...(im trying again just today) and i just HAD to post them, being so happy i made my first worthy scenario's.

(ahum, i donno bout that, its to be seen...)

Also, thanks for putting up with me on your notoriously brave site of ours...)))

If your scenarios are still in beta (being tested) then upload them to my site if you want (link in my sig). Hopefully people will start coming around and downloading and reviewing....but it looks like I need to start pimping it again. :D

I have a question for u GJK...

Ive got 2 new scenario's atm. I mean in progress (Beta) as u would call it.

Do i have to playtest them myself first?

(Cause i test played one of them half way through now, and im pretty down on the ai involvement allready. It just doesnt use its whole right flank setup, with its important T34's...so; PFFFF...no use thinking that this test is going to be any accurate to show me what will happen when two humans play.)

And the second scenario i havent looked in at all jet, but im pretty shure that one is going to be an exciting play.

Do scenario's get posted to your site, without the maker playtesting it first?

So for the users of it to do first testing?

Im kinda guessing not, but just hoped :D

it could maybe be the case... ;)

greets

[ July 12, 2003, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

Originally posted by theike:

I have a question for u GJK...

Ive got 2 new scenario's atm. I mean in progress (Beta) as u would call it.

Do i have to playtest them myself first?

(Cause i test played one of them half way through now, and im pretty down on the ai involvement allready. It just doesnt use its whole right flank setup, with its important T34's...so; PFFFF...no use thinking that this test is going to be any accurate to show me what will happen when two humans play.)

And the second scenario i havent looked in at all jet, but im pretty shure that one is going to be an exciting play.

Do scenario's get posted to your site, without the maker playtesting it first?

So for the users of it to do first testing?

Im kinda guessing not, but just hoped :D

it could maybe be the case... ;)

greets

I really don't want to hijack COG's thread here (btw, so glad your site is back up!!!) but yes, you should upload your scenarios in any state except fully playtested and finished (where you should upload them to the Scenario Depot). Just put in the notes that you haven't even begun playtesting the scenario and you'd appreciate any feedback from someone that wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Let's start a new thread if you have any more questions. smile.gif