Are Tigers an exploit?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Panzer76:

I don't friggin believe this. Less than 3 weeks after we had the Tiger disussion last time (and we've had it before) it rears it's ugly head again. Please, if you have questions about this, do a search, trust me, it has been answered (well, discussed to death anyway).

Panzer76 -- fortune cookie say "ABC's of happiness -- Avoid Boring Conversations."

I was avoiding this thread until you jumped in. Thanks for the entertainment. smile.gif

Point is, if you didn't want to discuss the topic, you could have just not read the thread. Too often on this board do I see people trying to stiffle "discussion." Obviouosly people want to engage in chit chat about the topic -- hence three pages of comments. If the subject is boring to you, just avoid it.

Cheers to me mates sitting around chit chatting Tiger talk! ;)

Originally posted by Panzer76:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bannon DC:

I was avoiding this thread until you jumped in. Thanks for the entertainment. smile.gif

Happy to oblige! :D

Watch me perform in other threads where I give away free sticks and maps to dead horses ;) </font>

Certainly the Soviet sticks are undermodeled. This is because the designers failed to take into account the fact that Russian stick woods (oak, ash, larch, etc.) are denser than German stick woods. This is because Russian dirt has a high metal content than German dirt, and because Russia had larger forests and so more wood to select sticks from. Admittedly Soviet stick selection was poor at the beginning of the war, but by 1943 Soviet sticks were quite effective at flailing dead horses from the flank at short ranges normally found in combat. My life is much worse for the fact that I can't do that in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

i recently played a qb where i got a ferdinand. WOW. WOOOOOOOOW. im sure IRL they were nowhere near as good as in game, but seriously. I set up a lil scenario where 4 Ferdinands and some arty observers get rushed by a battalion each of t34 and infantry, with ANOTHER battalino of each coming in as soviet reinforcments. The only german reinforcements? a platoon of brumbarr...god isn't life grand when theres russkies to unhistorically slaughter?

There's a BIG book on the history of the 653rd TD which used Ferdis. And yes, they were used in conjunction with Brumbars. And yes they were just about unbeatable (200mm armor!). Actually, These monsters turned out to be their own worst enemy. Awful mobility, too heavy for bridges, hybrid (electric) drive.

Originally posted by Bigduke6:

Certainly the Soviet sticks are undermodeled. This is because the designers failed to take into account the fact that Russian stick woods (oak, ash, larch, etc.) are denser than German stick woods. This is because Russian dirt has a high metal content than German dirt, and because Russia had larger forests and so more wood to select sticks from. Admittedly Soviet stick selection was poor at the beginning of the war, but by 1943 Soviet sticks were quite effective at flailing dead horses from the flank at short ranges normally found in combat. My life is much worse for the fact that I can't do that in the game.

That design error was the legacy of BFC's skepticism toward reports of Finnish pinecones' effectiveness vs. Soviet tanks. They adjusted all the penetration stats in the game downward to bring the Finnish weapons in line with reality, and unfortunately the game was published before conclusive photographic proof was furnished that the Finnish stuff really was that good.

CM's sales in Finland never really took off as a result, and I think even "Where in the Woods is Carmen Santiago" outsells CM there.

• 2 weeks later...