Its been fun, but farewell

While I have mainly lurked, I have been a steady reader and player since the first demo and have always thought CM to be the best tactical level WWII game ever.

Unfortunately I have just got a new Mac which will not boot under OS9, so my playing days are done. On the bright side, I will now have several (many) hours each week for other pusuits.

I will check back every 6 months, to see if an OSX compatible version has appeared but, until then, goodbye and thanks

Over 95% of home's have PC's...

GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND STOP WHINING !!!

Originally posted by mikeadams:

While I have mainly lurked, I have been a steady reader and player since the first demo and have always thought CM to be the best tactical level WWII game ever.

Unfortunately I have just got a new Mac which will not boot under OS9, so my playing days are done. On the bright side, I will now have several (many) hours each week for other pusuits.

I will check back every 6 months, to see if an OSX compatible version has appeared but, until then, goodbye and thanks

We don't need to start another Mac vs. Windows debate here.

Unless Apple decides to switch positions and actively offer Rave3D support in a future update of OS-X none of the current CM games (CMBo. CMBB,CMAK) will work on a OS-X system.

With the new engine (CMX2) we plan on offering native OS-X support but that engine is still a long ways off.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Dr Giggles:

Over 95% of home's have PC's...

GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND STOP WHINING !!!

80% of earth's population starve. Stop eating.

I'm very short of name-calling here. Just because you think being medicore is a part of social society interaction you forget that CM uses a stone old API which causes the problem in first place. Plenty of people run plenty of 3D programs on MacOS X just fine.

This is a late response, but I had to get re-registered.

I don't know what Mac you've got, but it can't be newer than my 17-inch iMac. I too almost had cardiac arrest when I discovered that CM didn't work on OS X.

Solution: Restart in OS 9 (Systems Preferences, Startup). Load CM there. It works fine. My only complaint is that the cursor feels a little mushy in the long distant shots, but that's probably because the screen resolution is so tight. As you zoom in, the cursor feels "tighter." In any event, the animation is fine, and you get used to the looser cursor very quickly. Certainly no reason to abandon the best computer game ever devised.

As for comment that "95%" have PCs, that's exactly why Mac users don't. Think different.