Why dont more people make maps?

Originally posted by theike:

smile.gif ...u could.

But i have an even better idea; post them on the link ColumbusOHgamer gave just there... :D

(ore in my sig)

ore do u just want someone to take a look at them?

I could if u want to...

It only takes .cmes and I have them all zipped with multiple start zone options and accompanying jpegs and text descriptions.

-dale

I posted a bunch of maps I have made to the site. About 10 I think. Not sure how many of them will really play out game wise, only played through on a few. I was more thinking about believable environments than playability. Point values can probably be upped on the larger ones.

Hope they are useful.

cheers,

kunstler

Dalem;

what about a pack, something like i just did?

to post on the regular cmmods?

Dont let it go to waste.

and the jpeg's u could zip in aswell...

cool smile.gif im gonna go check it out kunstler.

edit: whoops there is a new patch... smile.gif

edit:

?? strange

The game told me to update to view your maps.

So i went and took a look.

New version to 1.03?

I have 1.03 installed.

I downloaded the 'maybe' latest 1.03 version, but its also the same 24.664 mb. So its the same patch i bet.

But then why cant i view the maps?

I dont know...

[ September 07, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: theike ]

Well . . . dam.

I am on a mac, and I'm running . . . er, it says 1.01. I would think it would be backward compatible for maps though. Couldn't get the later updates to download uncorrupted.

They should still be cme files though. I guess the thing to do is . . . update and repost or something? They're not reeeeally exciting maps or anything. ;)

cheers,

kunstler

I doubt it's a version issue. Most likely a corrupt file problem, I've had some of those with scenarios as well as PBEM. In those cases it complains about your "version". Consider that the original scenarios are released in 1.00 or earlier and they work just perfect in all later versions.

If u dont think its too much trouble i would update/edit your 10 previous posts. (ore even delete them, but that would be a pitty)

Just to keep others from having the same problem, not?

and dont worry; the maps are interesting enough tongue.gif

(the fears city fighting map in a town cut in the middle by a hill...got me pretty excited just from reading it :D )

[ September 08, 2003, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

ok, now this is getting weird. All uploaded files corrupted? At the same time, when I try and download CM updates, I get corruption problems, and if I download maps, I get the version problem (probably true on that, I'm using 1.01).

I know that when receiving CMBB files I have to stuff them or they are corrupted. OTOH I can send files without stuffing and they have been fine.

I'll try stuffing the files and reposting, that might do the trick.

If anyone else has had the same problem and has a solution (perhaps a wrong setting somewhere), let me know!

cheers,

kunstler

ok, now this is getting weird. All uploaded files corrupted? At the same time, when I try and download CM updates, I get corruption problems, and if I download maps, I get the version problem (probably true on that, I'm using 1.01).

I know that when receiving CMBB files I have to stuff them or they are corrupted. OTOH I can send files without stuffing and they have been fine.

I'll try stuffing the files and reposting, that might do the trick. (edit: I don't think I can do that as it only takes cme files; will it accept .sit files?)

If anyone else has had the same problem and has a solution (perhaps a wrong setting somewhere), let me know!

cheers,

kunstler

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kunstler:

ok, now this is getting weird. All uploaded files corrupted?

I don't think the map files are corrupt. I think you just need to upgrade to 1.03, edit and save the maps and then replace the map files on cmmods.com. Try a couple of them and see what happens... </font>

Every time I try and update my CMBB copy from 1.01, I get a corrupt download. I still have to organize and get a friend to download it and see if that will work.

I have started deleting the maps from the CMMODS site; I could email the pack I've done to someone though, just to see if it's the site that is corrupting them or if it is something on my computer that's doing it.

cheers,

kunstler