CMBB features

The short answer is ... realistic combat on the squad level scale.

why do so many love it?

I personally can't answer that.

CM is a tactical level game that puts you in control of anywhere from a squad to a regement.

It is the premier WWII tactical game of our time.

You can either participate in it's sucsess or not.

I would recomend evacuating this area if you are not interested in where modern day tactical consideration evolved from.

Otherwise, stick around and find out why you do what you do.

Originally posted by Locksley:

What extra features are there in this game that aren't in the demo or CMBO that make you love it.

Well, what features are there in full CMBO that aren't in the CMBO demo? Lots of more variety! What about when comparing CMBO to CMBB? Lots of more variety! CMBO timescale lasts for a year - CMBB starts in June '41 and ends in May '45. And if you know history well, then you know that the most massive, most dramatic and most decisive battles of WW2 were fought in the East Front. In CMBO you get, beside Germans, a bunch of Allied nations, most of which don't differ that much (except by voices) because they were equipped by US and Britain. In CMBB the differences are deeper between German, Finnish, Romanian, Italian and Hungarian armies, and change over time. How does a combat between Pz-III's and T-34's in 1941 sound like? Or T-26's and Italian M-13's? What about skirmishes between ski troops in a Finnish forest or Security forces hunting Partisans in Belorus? Suburbs of Moscow, fortresses of Sevastopol, factories of Stalingrad, steppe and hills around Kursk, Carpathian mountains, streets of Berlin - all that and much more awaits you!

Trust me - CMBB will steal your soul and you will learn much more about the decisive front of WW2. Enlist now!

I thought the same thing and then for 1 reason or another I bought CMBB and it is a lot better than CMBO. It is definately a bigger game. Since I got CMBB I've never played CMBO again. I do miss using American/British forces so I going to purchase CMAK too. But, I still hear that CMBB is the one people keep coming back too.

You should get CMBB, you won't regret it, besides it doesn't even cost that much relative to other games.

With the full CMBB you get deep snow conditions, fog snow and rain, night dawn and dusk, windy, calm, open steppe, northern pine forests, or dense city terrain. You get historically accurate equipment showing up at appropriate historical moments, and you can see for yourself the tactical differences the new tanks/guns made to the battle. And in the full game you get to 'blow things up real good' with Sturmtigers! Woo Hoo!

Instead of a CMBO/CMBB combo I'd definitely recommend CMAK/CMBB instead.