What have I bought ????

I would like to play CMBB. I live in Denmark and on Battelfront homepage they say that we Europeans shall buy the game from our local game pusher, but the only one I could find was this one : combat misson 2, and the game pusher says that it has the subtitle Barbarossa to Berlin, but he also say that it hasn’t been released yet, and I will get it in a couple of weeks ???

So what have I bought??????

:confused:

He is lying to you then....or he is confused.

Combat mission - Beyond Overlord has been out for 3/4 years i think

Combat mission - Barbarossa to Berlin has been out for at least a year

Combat mission - Afrika Korps has been out for a few months i think.

Either he means you will get CM:Afrika or he is pretending that CM:Barbarossa to Berlin is a brand new game.

Combat Mission 2 is what CMBB is called in europe, i have it too. I'll tell you how the box looks like so you can compare:

it's a DVD box, on it you see what looks like a American GI, pretending to be Russian, dragging a buddy away in front of a Panther (i think).

cdr7091.gif

Don't worry there aren't any major differences:

You will need the CDV (publisher of CM in Europe) patches.

And the SS are called WG (because of German law).

You can still play multiplayer, PBEM with people with the American version.

Have fun!

Originally posted by Von Rosen:

Thank for your very fast reply, it is from an internet game pusher, and what confuses me is that it is called Combat Misson 2, se the link to the pusher. game pusher

and search combat misson 2

Little Pete is right.

CMx2 has not been released yet. The Game Pusher seems to be *over* selling. Check out the BattleFront homepage and compare CD covers to see which game he is trying to sell you.

KC

Thank you all, I am now certain that I have bought the right game. CM 2 = CMBB.

I just wonder why CDV isn’t using the same names and covers as used on the Battlefront Homepage, it also take CDV 2-3 weeks to deliver the game !!!!!! :confused:

Maybe Battlefront should find another European distributor :cool:

Originally posted by Trommelfeuer:

Yup, Andreas is right, CMBB is called Comabat mission 2 here in europe, and CMAK is called Combat mission 3 here...

Those are names that BFC used to designate the games as well, although perhaps somewhat more informally. Particularly while they were in development, CM:BO was known as CM1; CM:BB was CM2; CM:AK was CM3. There was supposed to be a CM4 which was to be devoted to the early war years and including Poland; Norway and Denmark; France, Belgium, and the Netherlands; and perhaps the Balkans. Following the release of CM4, the game engine was to undergo a rewrite and that project was labeled CMII (II=Roman numeral two).

However, that schedule has been scrapped. Work on CMII—which has been redubbed CMx2—is now to be the next step in the process. BFC has not announced what the first subject will be using the new engine. Various interest groups have been lobbying for one thing or another, but as always, BFC will surely make up its own corporate mind and do whatever appeals to them.

Michael

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by V:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

And French law, as well...

smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by V:

smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

There was supposed to be a CM4 which was to be devoted to the early war years and including Poland; Norway and Denmark; France, Belgium, and the Netherlands; and perhaps the Balkans.

According to whom? </font>

Jammen velkommen til Von Rosen.

Kys her med dit tidligere sociale liv farvel og bed konen om at flytte(du får dog ikke tid til hende).

Gør endelig brug af dette forum, det er nok det mest informative og behjælpende forum jeg nogen sinde har set.

Men jeg bør dog nok advare dig mod at træde ind i Peng tråden. Det er et sted, oprettet for specielle mennesker, så de kan "lege" unden at det går ud over os andre "voksne" børn her.

Jev

And to the rest of you scumsucking Noobs, yes I mean YOU! SOD OFF!

Hejsa Jev.

Jeg håber da ikke det går helt så galt med konen som du skriver :D

Du har fuldstændig ret i det med forummet, jeg har spillet mange slags spil men jeg har aldrig set et forum der er så levende, så informativt, så høfligt (næsten for meget) og så hurtigt, der er virkelig tale om entusiaster. smile.gif

Jeg vil kun kigge forsigtigt i peng tråden, så de slet ikke bemærker mig. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Jev.Dk:

Jammen velkommen til Von Rosen.

Welcome to Von Rosen and his jellies.

Kys her med dit tidligere sociale liv farvel og bed konen om at flytte(du får dog ikke tid til hende).
Kay's medication and her miniature breasts were a social wonder as she was bedded on a flight (too far from her icky dog).

Gør endelig brug af dette forum, det er nok det mest informative og behjælpende forum jeg nogen sinde har set.
After an endless brew of gore on this very forum, knock instead on the door of a more informative forum, dealing with how to set hair.

Men jeg bør dog nok advare dig mod at træde ind i Peng tråden. Det er et sted, oprettet for specielle mennesker, så de kan "lege" unden at det går ud over os andre "voksne" børn her.
Men beg their dog for advice and wish to trade them to the Peng. That said, singing an operetta for a special member, the clan "Legs" stands under and over (ie head and shoulders above) Andreas' "family", born before Amy.

Translation provided free by Babelfish.