Greek Army in CMAK?

Quick question(s)...Will the Greek Army be included in CMAK? :confused: They fought in Crete. I think having these guys inserted into the nationality mix shouldn't be too difficult--they didn't have too much in terms of weaponry. It would also make some interesting scenarios vs the Italians. smile.gif

I'd also like to see the Greeks included. If they were you would not even need a mod for the invasion of Greece, since the Italians will be included.

However, I also realize that the research required to accurately represent a new TO&E is not insubstantial. I think the sound files would be less an issue, although not without its own challenges.

My choice for an additional nationality is Indian troops. The kit would not be difficult since they are outfitted with Commonwealth equipment.

I think that the contribution of non-European (and descendant) troops to the British cause is sometimes overlooked. There were more than Indian troops who fall into this category, of course, but they were the most important in terms of number. For example, during Crusader, there were 4 Indian brigades involved (and 3 NZ and 5 SA)

Thanks for bringing this up tooz.

As a greek, I think it will be really interesting and I'd love to play some CM mountain battles during the italian and later the german campaign. Really, why is only Crete

included and not the whole axis campaign in Greece? The terrain tiles would be much

similar with those for the mountainous Italian theatre and Crete.

As for weaponry, there isn't much to model here that is not already present in the allied armies simulated in CM series. Rifles, maxims, mortars, infantry guns and voila!... the Greek army.

I think BFC must seriously consider including the greek army in CMAK. It will be a letdown to leave out of the scope of CM an army that handed Axis its first major defeat.

P.S I'd be more than happy to help in recording some "Aeraaaaaaa!" wav files ;)

Parakalo! ;) Panzerman. My purpose for this thread was to elicit some response and support for the Greeks. The fear of Greek voices for the WAV files is specious. How many NEW WAV files are actually going to be included in CMAK? Look at CMBB. There are Russian, Italian, Finnish,Hungarian and Romanian new WAV files created. Now ask yourself this, how many NEW languages are required for CMAK that are NOT already available? Where's the problem? Are they going to have new WAV files JUST FOR ACCENTS? :rolleyes: With apologies to the 'stralians I don't give a tinkard's cuss if we don't hear "let's piss off! Fair Dinkum?" shouts from the 'stralian troops. So, what's the problem? Use Italian WAV files for the Italians and their colonial troops, French for Vichy, Free and colonial (Spahi's, Goumiers, et. al), and English for the Commonwealth. The Indian troops also could just use English (I dread hearing a Sikh Jemadar sounding like that charecter from the Simpsons). :mad: I am certain BFC will not go into dialects--there are TOO many. Besides, many of these "Indian troops" are really Pakistani (the Baluchs, for example).

So the excuse of WAV files does not make sense. Most of the bmps required are already available. Let's face it, is everyone going to play desert battles? I doubt it. Don't be surprised if you see a lot of CMBO scenarios revised under the CMAK format. Instead of scenario retreads, let's create boundless opportunities for new and unique scenarios. Omitting the Greeks is, IMHO an egregious omission.

Maybe a few free bottles of Ouzo for the BFC boys will help persuade them? :D

Kali nikto! :cool: