Pre-Planned Arty always on target?

Yeah the thread is in the CMAK forum found here.

I'll sum up that thread with a couple of quotes.

Originally posted by The Coil:

JasonC - yeah, I just stumbled across that in a recent game. Did a quick re-test to be sure.

If you load your spotter onto a vehicle, the countdown stops in place, and resumes where it left off when you unload him.

If you load him mid-barrage, the barrage stops in place, and resumes immediately upon unloading.

Seems sort of gamey, but it makes that conscript spotter pretty powerful, when you can program in a 1 minute delay, have him jump in a truck, and effectively bring down arty on a given spot whenever you want.

Incidentally, if you retreat a spotter with a pre-planned strike off the map, the barrage will still fall (or continue to fall) at the programmed time.

Originally posted by The Coil:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Other Means:

Does it work in operations? There's a large exploit there - if you don't use it then you keep it for next time.

Yup, works in ops, too.</font>

Ah but what about rocket attacks? I just played a turn in a PBEM versus slysniper where my FO brought down a salvo on my own troops over 2 km away from the TRP I was aiming at. What gives?

No, that was my Rocket Salvo dropping right where it was needed, on your head. Your fire, is the arty on the hill top, if you have rockets I have not seen them.

Originally posted by slysniper:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Ah but what about rocket attacks? I just played a turn in a PBEM versus slysniper where my FO brought down a salvo on my own troops over 2 km away from the TRP I was aiming at. What gives?

No, that was my Rocket Salvo dropping right where it was needed, on your head. Your fire, is the arty on the hill top, if you have rockets I have not seen them. </font>