Flak 88 operation

There was a thread on this topic awhile ago.

There's a great difference between automatic weapons trying to knock down attacking aircraft (like in CM), and traditinal AA artillery where your 88 battery sets their shell fuses to explode at a certain height and then hopes a bomber formation flies through your flak box on their way to downtown Berlin. This use of AA artillery is far outside the scope of CM. the 88 (and Russian 85mm) Flak's in the game because it was a dual-use weapon.

[ March 21, 2003, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by fiaros:

Whatsoever,I clearly remember a couple of ocassions

in CMBO scenarios/operations in which a Flak 88 was

firing against upcoming aircraft...

(and this isn't a sarcasm...)

Umm, i've played CMBO since Beta Demo, and i've never ever seen Flak 88 firing at the aircraft. If what you're saying is true, then this is something new to me.

Care to provide a screenshot or savefile? ;)

Don't have a screenshot since it has been a long time since then.

However I am playing a QB these days in which my Stuka bomber has on the target a T-34 for many turns but it doesn't attack...additionally I've noticed(in CMBB)many times that bombers(maybe only the Stuka type)are flying in a distant possition off the map for a long time so I guess the heavy AA guns have all the time they need to aim and shoot...