Mice and Mold and Ants... Oh, My!!! The Cheery Thread of Master Goodale's Menagerie

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Anything that can be beaten by 3 Stuarts can't be gamey. And if anyone should have any ideas about what is gamey it should be me. Isn't that right Dave H?

I find it hard to believe I'm even thinking this, let alone typing it, but I believe you are absolutely correct. You define the word gamey as far as I'm concerned, you grape-stomping maggot! So did you get on the ballot for governor? I'd have signed your petition. :D:D

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dave H:

Had I known that by ballot fraud you here would have been willing to launch my political career I might have considered it. As it though, looks like this is DA MAN!!!

I spent Saturday with the fam. BBQ, beers, oh my. My uncle, who has forever railed about "how things would be if he(I) were in charge" and I had a light-hearted discussion on the matter. I brought up the fact that since he has always spouted off on what a great leader he would be, why didn't he sign up for Gubner? His eyes widened, silence, and then laughter. We spent the next few moments joking about the whole matter.

California politics...always good for a laugh.

[ September 02, 2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: mike_the_wino ]

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

Arrrrgh, that's the kind of thing to make even a Finn cry. Probably worth 5 VL's worth of points to kill that one tank.

I did have a feeling of failure, yes, but I did snatch a minor victory out of it though. I didn't enjoy this scenario, as both me and my opponent found it too hard for the German player. And, it was a TCP, thus not to be taken seriously. Over time I have gotten over it... Spanking him in B & T : The Beginning of the End did help though. We're now into 2/3 battles, and I must say this has got to be the best op I have ever played ! Really exciting stuff ! I challenge every Cheery Waffler that hasn't played it to, um, play it ! It is excellent !! :cool: </font>

Let me get this straight. Goodale accuses me of being "gamey" a while back by purchasing Tigers. Look at the pic he recently posted. I guess he got game.

Goody says he is going to win, after wiping my armor off the map. Why then is the current score 57% to 30 something. And, why is my armor still killing him. Some tracks are immobile, but they still have a whammy to offer.

I heartily look forward to owning his sig, and look forward to recommendations from "the brood", whatever the heck that is.

Please forward suggestions for MasterMoldMaggots sig to rohr@mindspring.com

Bwahaahaa. Time for a beer.

Originally posted by Becket:

I'm still looking for anyone that has a computer with enough muscle to play Tank Warning with me. smile.gif

I'd otherwise do it, but am not currently into new PBEMs. I have enough going on at the moment, I'll have to see how they play out first. What do you mean a computer with enough muscle ? That's a processor intensive scenario you have there ? :eek:

Originally posted by WallyBob:

Bwahaahaa. Time for a beer.

Dammit to hell ! I will have to sod off to deliver some frickin' newspapers in about half an hour. It will involve driving a car, so no beer is allowed for me. :( Now that you mentioned it, the image of several frosty pints of lovely Irish Guinness, just waiting for me to drink comes to my mind. That fascinating dream lingers in my mind for as long as I refuse to see the fact it's 2 am in here and in an hour I will be sitting in a Toyota chucking TN...newspapers !

If this does not make a man mad, then nothing will !

AGGRGGGRRGGGAGAGAGGGRGRRGGA AGRGGGR ARGRGRAGRGAR RAGAR RAGR ARGRA ARG !!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[ September 02, 2003, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Prinz Eugen ]

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

[qb]I'm still looking for anyone that has a computer with enough muscle to play Tank Warning with me. smile.gif

I'd otherwise do it, but am not currently into new PBEMs. I have enough going on at the moment, I'll have to see how they play out first. What do you mean a computer with enough muscle ? That's a processor intensive scenario you have there ? :eek:

</font>

I've waded through a whole page of this stoopid thread and am saddened by the almost complete lack of wailing and ganshing of teeth - where's the old anger and throwing of molten TNT that made this thread the pustulent paradise it used to be?

where's the insane rantings of Mistress BadGin, the lines and lines of grimaced "smilies", the meaningless meanderings of mellow morons??

In short I need a game or 2 - anyone up for a thrashing??!! :D

Originally posted by Snarker:

Becket, you baseball card carrying martyr - I'll play Tank Warning with you. Fire it up, send it my way. No preference, guessing you want Allies though.

Maggot. :mad:

Will do, let me clear out my inbox o' turns (sidenote Hey Goodale, what happens to T-34s that find themselves surrounded by a platoon of PIIIs? BOOM! /sidenote). Don't mind taking the Germans if you like the Soviets.

Grrrr..... :mad:

First you complain about the lack of TNT chucking and general mayhem, and then you add to it by being all smiles and grins. :mad: :mad:

Well, Mike's Organ's a Maggot, if no new players step forward, I'll force feed liquid TNT to your hapless, jelly-spined troops. :mad:

Originally posted by Mike:

...pustulent paradise ...

...meaningless meanderings of mellow morons??

Congratulations on passing alliteration 101. Very nicely constructed phrases. I believe you qualify as a Spiro Agnew wannabe. :rolleyes:

In short I need a game or 2 - anyone up for a thrashing??!! :D
Why not. I've asked Becket to convert a QB he created for MasterGoodale (the maggot) and me to a QB where you can select your forces. When he finishes I'll send it to you. It's a 20 turn Allied assault. I'll be the defender. Sound reasonable to you? :D:D

Originally posted by Keke:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

Shame on you to blame a fellow Finn of such a vile act of non-turn sending ! Shame !

It would be a shame if you were an ÃœberFinnberFinn, but you have lost to Spanker fer crying out loud! :mad: </font>

So someone wants wailing and gnashing of teeth?

After a lovely weekend of sitting around, drinking beer, and watching the "The Two Towers" 3 or 4 times, I am back to work. And work it truly is. No turns for a single maggot until Friday. That should elicit some wailing and gnashing of teeth, but wait, why not until Friday you ask? The harvest is upon us and many grapes must die before this task is considered complete. How many grapes constitute many? In my case over 2000 tons. To put this in perspective, that is roughly 320,000 gallons or 133,333 cases of wine. This number is the equilivent of Soddball's annual alcohol intake. 12-14 hour days til Friday, 2 days off and repeat until November (except that the 2 days off generally turns into 1 day off).

Hhhhmmm, much wailing, not much gnashing of teeth but one does what one does.

The saddest part of all this is the fact that I am just finishing the final touches on MasterGoodale's humilating defeat. Yep, that's right boys and girls, this would be the game that MG has been predicting as a victory since...hmmm...file .004.

As a side note, Prinz Eugen is a late game, mortar barraging hoor. Methinks the loss of that hill early in the game really fired the Finn up. Unfortunately my attempt to take the 2nd flag met with similar, disappointing results. Now it's time just to blow the hell out of each other until this thing is done.

Snarker -- setup for Tank Warning winging its way to you now. I'll take the offer to play Soviets, I'm currently playing the German side in the other 5 games I have going right now.

Dave H -- setup for you and Mike sent back; Mike will be able to pick his own forces, unless he wants to play Becket Roulette and have me pick them like I did for you and MG.

Originally posted by Dave H:

Mike, I want to know if you get to run around the vineyard waving your butterfly wings on chilly nights. Was "A Walk in the Clouds" really about you?

No , we typically hire drama students, Alzhemier patients or people from Indiana. BTW, what are you doing for the next couple of months? And you might want to wear jeans, the coyotes are only about thigh high, full of fleas and would be hard to see at night with your cataracts. Wasn't Keanu Reeves just dreamy in that movie? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Blech. Thirteen-hour day of non-stop writing. Turns out in the next 30 minutes, then beddy-bye.

So you write for MAD magazine, correct? I recognize the colorful style. :D

I'm too tired to even fling one iota of hate your way. Okay, maybe one iota. :mad:
One iota of hate received, thank you very much. Go to bed. Eleven more nights for the single you. Goodnight to you, too, Paula. It's not too late to dump this guy and hit the road to somewhere far, far away. 19 more days for me before I'm freed from the Goodale curse. :D:D

Mike_the_wino, Keanu Reeves really isn't my type. I must confess that I do like the movie, and I've watched it several times. So sue me! If I thought the hills of northern California really looked so perfect, I'd move there. I could be your neighbor!! :eek: :eek: :mad:

Originally posted by Snarker:

Grrrr..... :mad:

First you complain about the lack of TNT chucking and general mayhem, and then you add to it by being all smiles and grins.

Far be it from me to be a trend setter you trollop!! redface.gifredface.gif

Well, Mike's Organ's a Maggot, if no new players step forward, I'll force feed liquid TNT to your hapless, jelly-spined troops. :mad:
Ha!! you've never managed to do it so far - what thinks you'll have any better luck in the future?

But lacking any REAL opponents I guess I could make a meal of a Snickers if I really have to! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Will someone save me from this terrible fate???

Oh - Dave's offered - well I guess somethign utterly unreasonable will amke a nice change!! Send it in Dave - and let's face it Spiro A.'s got "the good ol' days" factor on any current politico's, so I'll take that as a compliment!

Originally posted by Becket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

19 more days for me before I'm freed from the Goodale curse.

Don't worry. We won't let you forget it. </font>