What's the best way to un-bog a tank in snow?

Sorry, I guess that question has been asked a hundred times, but I didn't find a thing in the search.

In a QB against AI today, one of my Tanks bogged down in snow - first time for me, although I've been playing for a month now.

Would the tank automatically un-bog, or is it better to give it a reverse-order or something?

It isn't yet immobilized...

I have _no_ evidence, what so ever, that this actually works (except for some vague empirical observations) - but I usually cancel the movement order of the vehicle (i.e. it's bigged at the end of turn, not immobilized yet) and then give it a Reverse order... that usually solves things.

Though, be adviced I've not played CMBB for that long so my empirical evidence is vague to say the least - could all be in my mind (but I haven't immobilized any bogged tanks as of yet smile.gif ).

Originally posted by RSColonel_131st:

Sorry, I guess that question has been asked a hundred times, but I didn't find a thing in the search.

In a QB against AI today, one of my Tanks bogged down in snow - first time for me, although I've been playing for a month now.

Would the tank automatically un-bog, or is it better to give it a reverse-order or something?

It isn't yet immobilized...

A big shovel?? :D:D

Sorry, just couldn't resist. :cool:

KC

In game - cancel all orders wait a turn.. well as I have that problem - if armor boged more than two turns it become imobile.

In real life at ww2 and even now russian tanks often has a log in standart complectation to help unboging... Don't know how good the log helps in simlpe situations but... (Good thing when your car bog on road to hunting places but for tanks...): smile.gif

When I served as leitenant-engeneer after academy I saw some boged tanks :D heart-breaking show... Tanks would bog in places wich other vehicles can't even reach :D

Modern tanks are very powerfull.... Several centners of dirt pear minute and tank swiming in durt :D Sory don't know translation.. the same class truks as Bergepanther, but modern wich was used to unbog that tanks look like they want to dig out big holes :D but move out from a place.

[ January 19, 2003, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Leit ]

Originally posted by Gutshot:

My KV-1 bogged in snow while carrying a squad,but when I ordered them to dismount(move order to 100m away)they wouldn't climb down for several turns until I cancelled the still-bogged tanks move order!

Place the first move order for the squad not more than 15m away from the tank. Then they will leave it even when it has movement orders.

Originally posted by redwolf:

Place the first move order for the squad not more than 15m away from the tank. Then they will leave it even when it has movement orders.

Ok, I'm impressed- how in the world did you figure _that_ one out?

Tangential Note: Just had a tank become immobilized via bogging; pushed it "out" with another tank, and verily witnessed it getting pushed out and over to the side... but it remained "immobilized". Bummer. It would appear that once immobilized, always immobilized, even if you push it right onto a paved road.

Guess I *could* just push it all over the battlefield... smile.gif

Eden

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

Guess I *could* just push it all over the battlefield... smile.gif

Yes - I know smile.gif

It works pretty reliable once you figure out the exact geometry of the push angles and when you have two vehicles for push duty.

The only thing I couldn't figure out so far is how to turn an immobilized assault gun.