How I use these orders

Originally posted by gMak:

I'm new in the game , starting just yesterday so i would like to ask few questions.What do these orders and how i use them in the game :SEEK AND HULL DOWN , CONTACT

Seek Hull Down: Give this order to a vehicle and it will move at "move" speed(same as infantry) and try to find a hull down position along the path of the order line in relation to the point at the end of the line. A hull down postition will not expose the vehicles lower hull to hits and will provide a smaller target aspect to the enemy.

Contact: Unit(either inf. or vehicle) will move until it detects the enemy and then stop to engage(if possible). If moving unit has a cover arc implemented, it will only stop if the enemy is within the cover arc. The difference between hunt and contact for vehicles seem to be; hunt has a slightly higher apparent speed, hunt will stop to engage targets and then continue moving on the path after the target has "disappeared", contact units will halt in place for the duration of the turn, whether or not the enemy unit is still active.

I hope that this helps. I am not the clearest explainer on the board, so maybe someone else could clear any discrepancies that they see up?

Originally posted by gMak:

I'm new in the game , starting just yesterday so i would like to ask few questions.What do these orders and how i use them in the game :SEEK AND HULL DOWN , CONTACT

MOVE TO CONTACT is probably my most favorite move command. I use it as a infantry hunt. For example, if you have an enemy tank on the other side of a patch of woods, you can move-to-contact your panzershreck up towards him.

When playing CMBO (which doesn't have that command), you have to guess where to move to. If you guess wrong, the tank can spot you moving and you'll merrily move along as the tank your trying to kill is shooting at you. Its frustrating as heck.

I use move-to-contact for panzershrecks, at rifles, small calibre AT guns, and scouts.

Aaron

Hello all. I have the manual for the game and read the manual on the disc supplied but sometimes the descriptions are a bit unclear as to what the movement orders actually do or influence. To me advance, move and assault were just different speeds of movement but reading these forums I have found that they influence accuracy and casualties. I never really picked up on that in the manual. Something for the DEV's to clear up for CM3?

Thank's guys.You've been very helpfull.I'll try to do my best.Just another question:I have many T-34/85,Su-85 and some ISU-155 .Most of them are behind a hill and the others are from the left and the right side of the hill.How can i knocked down these tigers and panthers which coming from the other side of the hill.All my tanks are outside the LOS Of pantzers , and when i try to come out and shoot them from 3 different sides , they spot me and destroy many of my tanks.The panzers are 700m away.What you suggest,which order shall i give?

In even my short playing time I have found that Panthers and Tigers are total monsters...at 700m they will turn your tanks to scrap with there high velocity shots whilst the 76.2mm of the T34 will bounce off most of the time..just my observations thru playing. I use the shoot and scoot to try and distract the metal behemoths and then flank them with another unit. You have to get side or rear hits for a good chance of a kill. Like I say I have not been playing long but that is the general impression I get and tactics I use. If anyone can suggest a better tactic I would be most grateful to learn more.