Operation Störfang (v2) In Development

Hmm... Sevastopol ! Betekent dat ook dat we dikke "Bertha" in aktie kunnen zien. En die andere zeer,zeer zware artillerie zoals Thor en Odin ? Zou wel een grappige "mod" zijn :Dtongue.gif

Ga zelf maar eens even neuzen op die link, een vette campagne is onweerstaanbaar. Tot over A1,B2 en A2 ! ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by 88mm:

Hmm... Sevastopol ! Betekent dat ook dat we dikke "Bertha" in aktie kunnen zien. En die andere zeer,zeer zware artillerie zoals Thor en Odin ? Zou wel een grappige "mod" zijn

Nou... helaas gaat de Duitse artillerie in CMBB maar tot een kaliber van 240mm . De 80cm van Dora zullen we helaas dus niet gaan zien :(

Veel plezier met de operatie smile.gif

Nils

Originally posted by Salkin:

Is this like a campaign system where your battle outcome influences your next battle and so on ?

*drooooool*

//Salkin

Yes it will be something like that.

Some parameters will be tracked like the amount of needed reinforcements, requested artillery & airsupport and if you achieved the objectives (acces codes). Also will the outcome be influenced by the movements on an operational map, if you attack one village first and then capture a bridge nearby for example.

[ November 30, 2003, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]

Originally posted by JaegerMeister:

And just how am i supposed to get my panzers over that impassable terrain..heh ?

That question could have been asked by the Axis forces once they moved into the south of the Crimea. The maps are made 1 on 1, including the calculation of height and terrain. Although the height differences (rings) would have been greater then possible in Combat Mission, the terrain stays impassable for most vehicles. If you're moving through the mountains, East of Sevastopol, you can't go anywhere with your tanks in most times then on the roads or a mountain pass.

There are 3 main fronts in Operation Storfang:

North: The operation starts with the attack of the Northern army. (German, supported with tanks, very heavy artillery like Dora) starting on flat terrain (Belbek valley) moving into hilly terrain after the crossing of the Belbek River.

South: Starts equally with the Northern attack. (Romanian, mostly mountain corps supported with heavy mountain artillery). The terrain is mostly mountainous until they have reached Balaklava where it becomes hilly.

East: Starts advancing after the Northern front captured Sevastopol-North and the Southern front took Balaklava. (German mountain corps with heavy artillery support). They have to cross the Belbek river on several places and then move to mountainous terrain towards the Charnaya valley.

Strategic_Map_Storfang.jpg

In Eichenbaum's Operation Storfang you'll encounter the same problems as in the real battle of 1942 like Rivers, Forests, Antitank ditches, Mountains and very heavy fortified positions. The maps we're working with show everything. Once you've said "it's like flying with a GPS system" ... well, it's just like that !

Nils

He Nils Looks f*cking cool,

cant wait to play it. sorry about your rsi (**** happens) but there are still enough people who want to play sevastapol including me. It was very quiet lately so i thought it was cancelled due to cmak. (still waiting for that version from bfc).Pls keep up giving us news about your operation with some of your beautiful screenies.

Hope it will be finished before xmas.

and also from me keep up the good work

maus_td

Originally posted by MAUS_TD:

He Nils Looks f*cking cool,

cant wait to play it. sorry about your rsi (**** happens) but there are still enough people who want to play sevastapol including me. It was very quiet lately so i thought it was cancelled due to cmak. (still waiting for that version from bfc).Pls keep up giving us news about your operation with some of your beautiful screenies.

Hope it will be finished before xmas.

and also from me keep up the good work

maus_td

Hééé Remko, bedankt voor je berichtje !

We'll not be able to release it with X-mas :(

That's too litle time to get the interface done.

There're still some (important) components in development.

Nils

Originally posted by patboy:

Lovely indeed !!!!When could we burn the field ?

We have started the design of scenario's a while ago. The testing department was thrown again in the battle for Sevastopol. I'm always planning ahead the activity's and how much time it will take. But since every one is working on this in their free time, beside the fulltime jobs and their private lives, makes it very difficult to draw a deadline and work to that.

X-mas isn't the release date of Operation Storfang, that's for sure. The interface for controlling the campaign isn't finished yet. After the complement of the interface it must be tested before we hand it over to you. I guess it will take at least another month before we can say that the beta-version will available for download.

However, Druk ist auf dem Kessel. We're giving all we can to get this done as soon as possible. I'm aware that there're a lot of CM players are waiting and the pressure hasn't decreased since the release of CMAK.

Nils

[ December 16, 2003, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]

Snip:

However, Druk ist auf dem Kessel. We're giving all we can to get this done as soon as possible. I'm aware that there're a lot of CM players are waiting and the pressure hasn't decreased since the release of CMAK.

------------

It's better to have something well done at the right time, than something horrendous and half-baked. i think all of us are waitintg happily for your Campaign system. Do it right and we'll wait!

Murray