The other UK tournament - NOWT special !

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Nestor and I are about two thirds of the way through our game, but we've had to call a temporary halt because both of us are on extended leave over Easter. Play will resume after 22nd April.

Incidentally, the reason for the temporary suspension of play, my holiday to Rome and Monte Cassino, has adopted a greater significance in light of the recent DAK announcement. I'll be sure to take plenty of photographs for those scenarios.

Have a nice Easter everyone.

Still getting there slowly, but have had to leave my beloved PC for a trip to London, not sure when i will be back. Should be later in the week (RL probs :( )

Game is going well i think, looks like i have finally destroyed/disabled all Marks armour, almost run out of AT shells ! Not too severe losses my side yet, hopefully just need to use some firepower to secure the flags.

Well done Wesreidau - onwards to the next round.

Unlucky Athkatla, good luck in the next round

A surrender gives the reds a good score of 2698 points ....

The web pages have been updated with the scores and tournament places .... NOWT Pages

The game settings for the next round are also up there, those of you waiting for your next game may want to give them the once over to see what forces you will have available in the next game !

ONE question .....

Dec '43 / Cold will give us snow ! If you'd rather play your games without snow I can change it to cool ..... not correct tempratures for that time of the year, but the date was adjusted for balance ... If no feedback then it will stay cold !

Expecting more results soon ... my defeat will be announced shortly :( ... No big scores for the greens !

Gents,

Just a note to say I'll be off line for a day or two so wont be able to update any NOWT results or return any game files. I can however respond to email (via web access at work).

Q. How do you know with the fan on your 3 month old 128mb Gforce4 Ti4200 has stopped working ?

A. 10 seconds later the graphics processor burns out and your PC dies and wont reboot :(

Actually without a fan that card had less chance than an immobile, conscript BA-10 up against a platoon of crack Tigers, on a flat open map !!

Should all be sorted and back on-line before the weekend.

Lou

Originally posted by Lou2000:

ONE question .....

Dec '43 / Cold will give us snow ! If you'd rather play your games without snow I can change it to cool ..... not correct tempratures for that time of the year, but the date was adjusted for balance ... If no feedback then it will stay cold !

Go with cool please. Light snow is ok but deep snow would be a pain without ski troops.

[ April 15, 2003, 04:54 AM: Message edited by: SteveS ]

OK Green1 Vs Red1 is complete ..

Another stunning victory for the Russians.

CSM played a good game with excellent use of his armour and mortar teams in suppressing my troops.

I knew from the start I was going to have major problems with the armour that I had ...There was

little chance of taking the Reds on in a one on one battle.

Due to the flags being in scattered trees and me having open ground in front of them, I decided to try get there early and fight it out in the thicker woods on the other side of the flags ...... I never got there !

Caught in fairly open ground it wasnt long before the HE took its toll and most of my guys ran for home.

Good luck to CSM in the next round..

Green1vRed1AAR.jpg

My humiliation is complete redface.gif

I'll updte the webpages shortly ....

We'll use the settings as posted earlier but with COOL ( :cool: ) for the temprature.

With the scores as I have them two round 2 games can start:

(Highest scores doing the setup and picking sides)

Mr Byte (1620) Vs CSM Hollis (1550)

Jiggles (789) Vs Lou2000 (224)

Settings and results updated here .....NOWT

AFAIK the remaining 3 games are all progressing well and shouldnt take too much longer - no need to rush it.

=================================================

Dec '43

North

Combined Arms

German - Mech

Soviet - Infantry

Quality - Medium

Allow Human

Casualties - 10%

Ammo - Full

Sewer Movement - Allowed (but N/A due to map type)

Meeting Engagement

1500 points

Map - Medium

Handicap - None

Rarity - Standard

Time - Mid day

Temp – COOL Weather - Overcast / Breeze

Map:

Terrain - Farmland

Trees - Moderate

Hills - Modest

Damage - Light

Turns 27 +/- variable

Extreme FOW

=================================================

These are the final settings for round 2 -

Good luck !

Originally posted by Mr Byte:

CSM

I'm ready

I think you do the set up cus you got the most points is that right? dunno confused now

some one guide me

help help redface.gif :confused:

Actually with 1620 ....YOU got the most points .... :D

With the scores as I have them two round 2 games can start:

(Highest scores doing the setup and picking sides)

Mr Byte (1620) Vs CSM Hollis (1550)

Jiggles (789) Vs Lou2000 (224)

So CSM will be waiting for a setup from you !

Originally posted by jiggles:

Lou has started shooting at me! Is there a special prize for being first to be shot at in the first two rounds? smile.gif

Grrrr, damned trigger-happy Germans, loosing off their shooters all over the place :D

I'm going to have to play that movie turn again ... I thought it was your guys who started first :confused: I could have sworn we took some long range MG fire at the start of the round. Well thats what I've just put in my AAR !

If it turns out to be one of mine ... he'll be disciplined accordingly ... or given a medal ;)

Just as I was expecting to see some arty we see that spotting round landing ..... RUN AWAY .... RUN AWAY ! :D