Knights Cross Winner Lt Oberloskamp

I have uploaded the scenario HSG KC Lt Oberloskamp to the SD. This scenario is a representation of the battle in which Lt. Oberloskamp won the Knights Cross.

http://www.dragonlair.net/combatmission/

This scenario has the AI attacking and it does a better job than I have ever seen. It will take the village completely from you at a +2 or +3 experience bonus. The playtesters have called this the best scenario vs the AI that they have ever played against.

If you don't believe me try it.

This scenario is for veteran players or those who want to become veteran players.

We will see if you have what it takes to win the Knights Cross.

Good Hunting.

Panther Commander

Originally posted by GJK:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panther Commander:

The playtesters have called this the best scenario vs the AI that they have ever played against.

I'll vouch for that. Give the AI a +3 bonus, go on, I double dog dare you. tongue.gif </font>

Originally posted by Panther Commander:

This scenario has the AI attacking and it does a better job than I have ever seen. It will take the village completely from you at a +2 or +3 experience bonus. The playtesters have called this the best scenario vs the AI that they have ever played against.

If you don't believe me try it.

This scenario really rocks... :D best example of the AI I have ever seen attacking... give it a +2 or +3, turn up the surround sound, grab onto your chair and hope that Lt Oberloskamp and platoon doesn't miss a shot... :D

-FR

I fancy myself as a good player, so I had to have a crack at it.

Read no spoilers, stuck to AI setup, + 3 experience, first try:

AAR.JPG

Can I have the KC now? tongue.gif

Had more problem holding the inf at bay. Lost one of the Stugs to track hit and then gun damage.

Good scenario though, pretty hectic. :D

didn't think to take a screen shot, but my result was the same as above; it was very enjoyable but to me it seems still there is no way to overcome the AI's use of its armor. Hard to make a scen that overcomes the propensity of a TC to offer the back of his AFV to my AFV's gun @ 200m. Not in any way to disparage the designer, this just didn't seem particularily challenging. But i must say the Inf. can still pack a good game...

thanks for the scen

Ah yes, you can be put in for the KC!! smile.gif

You are the first one to hold a single flag with the AI set at +3. Usually the Stug's run out of ammo and are then gradually lost. I have played the game and not lost a single Stug but that is very rare indeed. At least for me, but then I have not been awarded the KC! :mad:

The AI plays the game differently each time in this scenario. I've never seen it do that before either. So it will give a different fight with a different solution to different players.

Killing around 20-25 Russian tanks is about average. Keyhole shooting can be a deadly tactic on this map.

The infantry battle around the village often makes for some tense moments as well. I have lost the entire village to the AI more often than not.

During playtesting the Stug's often run out of ammo if you get them to the 20-25 kill range for Russian tanks. Then the game changes again, as the AI moves in for the kill, to finish taking the village. At least in my own playtesting experience.

The comments on a hectic scenario is what a designer looks for. While not perfect, the AI did, IMHO, a better job in this fight than I see normally. I would have few complaints if it acted this way all of the time.

Mooning the enemy is an AI trait that I could see abolished with no bad feelings... :D

Thanks for playing the scenario and sharing your results. I fancy you as a good player too, :D getting a Major Victory with a +3 is an outstanding result, that none of the group of playtesters or myself achieved. And I consider the playtesters that worked on this scenario to be very experienced. smile.gif

Panther Commander

The only changes made were point modifications for not holding the village. Nothing else. It is harder to get a high score as the Germans if you lose the village.

All GJK's fault he lost the whole map and still got high marks... :mad:

So now if you lose the VL's you lose a lot of points with them. :D Has nothing to do with anything but scoring.

Good Hunting.

Panther Commander