Feature Request For CM 4

As I'm looking over the lay of the land before I begin a new battle, I was thinking of various strategies to use and then realized that I would probably forget them once the battle started.

That tree line which has the perfect reverse slope would all but disappear from my mind once the battle began. If only I could make battle plans that would help me remember days later when I get my PBEM turn back that I was gonna send that recon unit up to that perfect reverse slope when I scouted it out during my setup.

I thought it would be great if I could make simple lines and notations on the map that would remind me later on what I wanted to do. The "strategic overlay" would be just that and could be made to disappear with one click of a button.

Think of the possibilities...kind of like using a simple graphics editor to draw up your plans before and during the battle, just as some use editors to make AAR's presently.

Opinions welcome...

Not exactly the same thing you're thinking of, but how useful would a map preview be in the briefing? It could be either a preview of the map without units like you see in the editor or a simple .jpg (perhaps marked up with the default/historic battle plan for your forces)?

I like the map printout idea, too.