AndrewTF's mods, can they be combined?

While I am trying to gather a full infantry uniform conversion for CMBB I was pointed out that Andrew the Fox was certainly one of the modder's whose work to checkout.

I must say that I really like your work, Andrew (if you're still around here somewhere), but I also noticed that your handle on CMMODS AndrewTF lists Mods up to and including 2003, whereas your other nick AstroCat (its something you have to know obviously as I've been searching for days!) lists mods from 2003 onwards to 2004.

Are all your work combinable or is your 2004 work overuling to your 2003 work?

I could have sent a PM, but I do think others might also want to know this who are beginning to wander through the world of CMBB.

Thanks.

P.S. Anyone else who knows this is, of course, free to answer also! smile.gif

It goes something like this.

CMBB comes out in 2002 (or whenever)

Andrew Mods in 2003

Crash

Astro Cat uploads.

Andrew uploads.

Andrew finds mistakes or BFC patches have changed things and Andrew updates his mod with a different date.

MikeT and team or someone, converts Andrew's mods to CMMOS format for use with CMMOS mod manager.

I have Andrew's mods from the USA CDV SE disc plus all the ones you are confused about.

I basically went through all the zips looking for the ones with the latest dates on the bmps.

Ow... that means I just f'ed up my CMBB...

I looked at the upload date at CMMODS.

I now have overwritten all Andrew's mods with AtroCat's uploaded ones... So chances are huge older versions have overwritten new ones.

Is it safe to first install all Astro's uploads and then install Andrew's on top?

If not what would be a good idea to get Andrew's work sorted out so I only have the latest builds of every mod?

ok thanks. I will browse the contents of each mod which is in Astro's AND in Andrew's folder and compare.

I will post a listing here once I am done for future reference.

-AstroCat's AF_SOV_CREW is obsolete. There's a new version under AndrewTF (slightly different filename).

The rest however seems to be augmenting eachother.

Where, for example 9210, 9212 is included (and thus 9211 missing, 9211 is included in the other pack, so I guess combining all will make complete sets.

[ January 10, 2005, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Yskonyn ]

Thanks for the compliment. smile.gif Junk2drives's chronology is pretty right-on. I uploaded a lot after the Great Crash, but really didn't have time to add everything. AsroCat came to the rescue and added most of the my stuff that I never got around to re-uploading. Anything you see with my handle attached to it is more recent than or at least from the same time frame as the AstroCat uploads.

I've actually got a couple new Heer uniforms based on my CMAK mods that I might upload some time if I feel like it. ;)

Yskonyn,

An absolute must for working uniforms for CMBB is the Comprehensive BMP List for all Armies given in the GrossDuetchland for CM site. It can be found in the Resources Section. With that tool in your hands you can mix and match to your hearts content. I'm such a mod slut now that I change uniforms by the season the scenario is being played in.

DavidI

Originally posted by Yskonyn:

ok thanks. I will browse the contents of each mod which is in Astro's AND in Andrew's folder and compare.

I will post a listing here once I am done for future reference.

-AstroCat's AF_SOV_CREW is obsolete. There's a new version under AndrewTF (slightly different filename).

The rest however seems to be augmenting eachother.

Where, for example 9210, 9212 is included (and thus 9211 missing, 9211 is included in the other pack, so I guess combining all will make complete sets.

i would appreciate you putting a list up mate ;)

Ah well, this IS the list smile.gif

The only one being obsolete is AF_SOV_CREW under AstroCat, because the same files are modded again in a newer mod under AndrewTF.

All other uniform mods listed under AstroCat and AndrewTF complement eachother.

Not completely true though, now that I think of it, when I tried to install the mods yesterday I found two (IIRC) sets which had partly the same files. It was a Luftwaffe set and a Heer set if I am correct, but checking the files I couldn't see any difference in both sets, maybe Andrew could comment on this?

Anyway it seems quite safe to first install the 'AstroCat mods', then install the 'AndrewTF mods' to get a nice complete uniform 'total conversion'.

What I think many people would find useful is a comparison of the uniforms available at CMMODS and the uniforms in the CMMOS section at CMHQ and in the stand-alone mods section of the SE disk.

My personal conversion project has gotten hopelessly sidetracked, but my understanding is that much (but not all) of the pre-crash material already exists at CMHQ.

Nothing is more infuriating than using a dial-up to download a file that you already have.

I think that's the most I've ever been mentioned in one thread! hehe smile.gif I'm glad I could help, but of course the real credit goes to the awesome mod artists like Andrew and the others.

Modding the CM games has been tons of fun for me and I wanted others to be able to enjoy it as well!

Jordan "AstroCat"