Why not make modding editon into next CM games?

Hi there. I find it bit frustrating time to time install all CMMOS programs etc.

I was wondering why dont Battlefront make somekinda small program into next CM game and easen up fellow modders life alot. Iam no programmer but iam sure it woulndt be huge effort?

I've got the CDV version of CMBO ( with the last patch on it 1.12E ) & an earlier version of CMMOS was included with that one as a 2nd cd ( 3.01, I think ). It also had a lot of non CMMOS mods that been released at that time ( something like 64 or so ). I bought it last summer in here in Canada.

[ June 04, 2003, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

Iam no programmer but I have had some programming classes and surely I know CMMOS isnt the most complex program there is.

To abstract it (alot), you press a button and it copyes/overwrites the files which you would have to do manually without CMMOS.

If they alrdy included it some mods and CMMOS with CMBO CDV version mayby this isnt impossible suggestion smile.gif

Speaking as an ignorant mac guy (CMMOS is beyond my reach), if you're getting frustrated with CMMOS why don't you just try copying any mods you want straight into the bmp folder? :D

Yeh, yeh, I know those CMMOS mods have those pesky appended names and they wouldn't overwrite.

I swear most labor saving devices in the world today are more work than the labor they were meant to save. Who here hasn't spent 10 minutes desperately looking for the TV remote just to change the channel? ;)

[ June 05, 2003, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Guest konrad
Originally posted by MikeyD:

Who here hasn't spent 10 minutes desperately looking for the TV remote just to change the channel? ;)

Yep ,telly sux.