Safety on Armored Car MAs

Does the MA on Armored Cars (let's say a German AC, with a 20mm MA) have a safety switch? If so are they hard to turn off?

Because in my game, my AC will not fire it's MA. The Half-tracks do, the StuGs do, but not the armored car. And since I've lost the tank, that AC's 20mm would be very useful right now.

Phemur

It is the 20mm autocannon or the tungsteen-only single-shot 20mm?
20mm autocannon. It has 82 rounds of HE left, and 32 AP. It has a full load of MG rounds too, as it doesn't seem to be wanting to fire that one either. I'm guessing they're saving themselves for the post battle photo session or something.

Another possibility is a crew casualty
That's not the case either. As a matter of fact, the commander seems to be having a cheery time, what with the beautyful view of the assault on a Soviet fortified position from his cuppola.

If you take a close look, I bet you could see the steam rising from his coffee.

Is there any way I could get them to share ammo with the half-track? These last guys have been engaged with the Soviets since the start of the battle, and they're down to their last few MG rounds.

Phemur

Are you maybe moving it too much and thereby turning it in place all the time?
Nope, not moving at all. They've been watching the assault I mentioned a while ago for last 5 or 6 turns now. Haven't moved an inch.

The AC is facing a build that is, er, was, crawling with Russians, and has, I mean had, line of sight to many units, including several that ran out from breaking. Didn't even fire at the broken units.

It's really madening.

Phemur

I tried targetting a specific unit, and I tried targetting area fire. I didn't try covered arc though.

In any case, the battle is over. It did play a pivotal role, as I used it's speed to get the 3rd objective before the end of the game.

Still, it would have made a few assault less bloody if it could have pinned down a Soviet squad or two.

Thanks for the tips,

Phemur