Gaps in winter mods

Being a Mod slut, I try and get winter Mods for everything. I have a whitewashed early and mid Brummbar and a snowcovered late Brummbar. I have a whitewashed Jagdpanzer. I assume I got them from CMMODs. Sometimes a mod will only be posted in the CMAK section but work for CMBB as well.

Mav1

Sequoia is absolutely right about Dey's Late War Brummbar (how could I forget), the early war one is the one with only snow covering. I will try to do something about that. Meanwhile I have put out Makjager's totally bitchin PzII L Lynx. You can find it at CMMODS. I will start a new thread with an announcement of it's release.

DavidI

Thanks David I and Sequoia.

I have to look out for the jagdpanther and tiger winter mods.

I found a Jagdpanther mod, but that was for cmbo.

Iam disappointed at the quality of the panther winter mods compared to the Tiger winter mods.

There is only Dafs panther early D and Zimorodok Hungarian panther I like. But that means all six models of the panther have to be either Dafs D panther or Zimorods panther.

Mav1,

BG Bogdan did winter mods for all the Panthers, and I modded the G's and A late further on the CMAK side of things. I was hoping that Dey would tackle the Panthers the way he did the Pz IV's but I fear that real life is giving him a hard time.

My attempts, to date, to white wash look like crap.

DavidI

Using either Gimp 2 or ACDsee5.

Is it possible to swap all the pixels in the picture of a specific colour, at the same time for another colour you have choosen to replace it?

What I want to be able to do is swap a summer bmp colour pixel foe a winter one. By choosing a different whitish colour to swap for each different clour used on the picture. My theory is the the new winter mod I would create would look identical to the summer mod apart from the colour. If its possible it would be the easiest way for a crap artist like me to create a winter mod.

Try it and tell us.

Originally posted by mav1:

Using either Gimp 2 or ACDsee5.

Is it possible to swap all the pixels in the picture of a specific colour, at the same time for another colour you have choosen to replace it?

What I want to be able to do is swap a summer bmp colour pixel foe a winter one. By choosing a different whitish colour to swap for each different clour used on the picture. My theory is the the new winter mod I would create would look identical to the summer mod apart from the colour. If its possible it would be the easiest way for a crap artist like me to create a winter mod.

mav1, no.

you would have to change each pixel individualy,

But honestly, a winter mod is not just a colour change, Infantry wore diferent uniforms in winter, and vehicles had whitewash applied as needed.

As to your being a "crap" artist, Take a few tokes and get creative, you may be surprised at how NOT crap you can be

47d2ykm.jpg

Looks like I have to keep on using copy and paste. I copy and paste a small section from a winter mod to a non winter mod. but I still have to blend the paste bits together so that it dosn't look like a mix of patches. So much work, makes me feel so sleepy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Oh Wicky there is nothing wrong with your Is 2 mod, my mistake. Oh well back to work on my winter mods. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

[ October 10, 2006, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: mav1 ]

mav1,

the elphant is bmp #s 8640 through 8655

the winter elephant is 58640 through 58655

try copying the elephant bmps to a file,

add the "5" to each bmp, and start applying whites and greys, then copy the file back to the game, play test it to see whether it looks right, , if it doesnt, go back to the file and try another idea

Its easy for me to to do a flame job. When one of my shermans gets knocked out, I get a lovely flame and I don't even have to mod. smile.gif

Iam not surprised the US carried on using the sherman, it keeped the troops warm sitting next to the blazing fire in the winter months.

[ October 16, 2006, 05:58 AM: Message edited by: mav1 ]