VERY basic troop import question

Gents,

First, yes, I do have the manual. I have also read the manual. I'm trying to learn how to import troops and maps into battles and ops. I've stumbled across an effective method of importing maps. (You need to access the "scenarios" folder, then copy and move the scenario INTO the "quick battle maps" folder. This is stated nowhere in the manual.) I have yet to stumble my way into the proper method of importing troops.

How do you import troops into a quick battle? Into an op? Please keep any answers to a basic level of windows expertise. Thanks!

Ken

I dont know of a way to import troops. Atleast not like in importing maps.

U can only BUY troops in the unit editor, or prebuy and place them on the map u are going to import later.

Ahyes, thats the whole importing thing then...

U can also on that to import map PLACE those units in the setup u want them in and they will remain on that place for when the battle starts.

(and -on map- put to reinforcements1 or 2 and so on u can even let prebought units come in at a later date in the battle. (underneath u can choose a turn number of arrival....these arriving troops will be shown on the map as a white sign at the edge, u should place that white sign at the prechozen place u want them to enter the map)

[ March 28, 2004, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

Theike,

Thank you for your response. I have learned how to use the editor to purchase and place units, both for initial set-up and as reinforcements. I appreciate you making sure that I understand how to do that.

I thought it was possible to SAVE the units at the end of a battle, and then use them to start another battle. (Their ammo could not be replenished. That's my dim remembrance of that issue.) Can this be done? If so, how?

Ken

Originally posted by c3k:

Theike,

Thank you for your response. I have learned how to use the editor to purchase and place units, both for initial set-up and as reinforcements. I appreciate you making sure that I understand how to do that.

I thought it was possible to SAVE the units at the end of a battle, and then use them to start another battle. (Their ammo could not be replenished. That's my dim remembrance of that issue.) Can this be done? If so, how?

Ken

IIRC you can save a QB after it is over. Then you can use it to start another QB. Just start a QB, load the save as the map for the QB and "import troops = yes".

Saves from QBs only work for QBs. End-Saves from scens do not work. But you can turn a scen into a QB by just starting a QB and loading the map importing the troops with it.

That are the mechanisms. Maybe you need to experiment a bit.

Gruß

Joachim

• 3 months later...

Sorry, I have a problem:

I still cannot get my troups loaded.

>>Just start a QB, load the save as the map for the QB and "import troops = yes".<<

Where can I select troops = yes?? I have tried to find that feature, but without success. When I start a QB and choose "Load from file", I get the previous map, but not my units.

• 4 months later...

Having just gone through this myself for the first time, it seems you can only import the Autosave from the final AAR movie. It won't work if you SAVE the game and then try to import that. The manual could use some improvement on this point :(

The jury is still out on our game as to whether he air support was imported.

You have

Originally posted by farmerch:

Sorry, I have a problem:

I still cannot get my troups loaded.

>>Just start a QB, load the save as the map for the QB and "import troops = yes".<<

Where can I select troops = yes?? I have tried to find that feature, but without success. When I start a QB and choose "Load from file", I get the previous map, but not my units.

Guest BigAlMoho

Hello,

I do this often...

During the AAR screen at the end of the battle, while looking at the map, use the save button at the bottem of the screen... Then, when loading the map during a QB setup navigate to the Saved Game folder and load the saved game file...

Hope this helps,

Al