MOD tutorials/tips wanted!

Aside from the very helpful Mods and Modders site, are there any other online tutorials for CM to be had? I am a longtime CMBO/BB modslut and want to try my hand to give back to the community. I have started to get my feet wet but have questions such as adding netting texture, armor plates, division numbers/symbols etc. and technique to add them.

One thing I want to do is add armor plates to CMBB Tiger turrets, where would I obtain the textures? Do I use font libraries to get division numbers to add to the armor? If anyone can post links, add tips, or provide there valued know how I would sicerely be grateful, and hopefully reward the community with some nice additions. I have Photoshop and the other tools, just need some insight. Thanks in advance.

My modding tips:

</font>

• Get every WW2 book out of your local library and open them to the pages with the images of the vehicles you want to mod.</font>
  • Spend 30 mnutes trying to figure out why photos of the same tank taken in the same period look very different in different books. </font>
  • Paint, test, repaint, test, repaint, test, repaint, test, repaint, test, repaint, test, repaint, repaint, wait a second... didn't I do that? Did I save this under a new file name? Where's the undo key?</font>
  • Spend 20 minutes searching for your backup file of the original.</font>
  • Snarl at loved one for suggesting you take a break to eat something.</font>
  • Coffee. The modder's support unit.</font>
  • Search the web for someone else's mod and stare at it until your eyes go glassy trying to figure out how they did that little bit.</font>
  • Pink is not nice on a tank. It clashes with the uniforms.</font>
  • Search the web for someone else's mod and wonder if you should just use it and forget trying to do one better.</font>
  • Paint, repaint, repaint, repaint, and wonder how there can be so damn many variations on olive.</font>
  • Try to remember the last time you stayed up until 2 a.m. staring at your computer screen. Maybe that last coffee was a bit over the edge.</font>
  • Preview your mod and wonder why the armour doesn't line up properly and - what's that pink thing doing there?</font>
  • Realize your favourite source book has actually mislabelled a vehicle and everything you've done so far has been wrong. Unless, of course, you are planning an entirely new Desert Fox mod.</font>
  • Seriously consider doing a Desert Fox mod. </font>
  • Decide to stick to making maps.
    </font>

ichadwick, I did the desert mod. I had a talk with several people about a CMBB version of it and the general opinion as to wait about a year before taking on the job.

However, I have saved some files, the Italian dusty tank mod, and I can reuse some parts of the original DFDR terrain set. So a CMBB DFDR is doable, it will be CMMOS this time around. I would like a crop of modders willing to take on the job of uniform and vehicle mods. Plus a crop of scenario designers to create new from scratch battles.

If you know anyone interested get them to work on the idea.

MikeT

ichadwick, I did the desert mod. I had a talk with several people about a CMBB version of it and the general opinion as to wait about a year before taking on the job.

However, I have saved some files, the Italian dusty tank mod, and I can reuse some parts of the original DFDR terrain set. So a CMBB DFDR is doable, it will be CMMOS this time around. I would like a crop of modders willing to take on the job of uniform and vehicle mods. Plus a crop of scenario designers to create new from scratch battles.

If you know anyone interested get them to work on the idea.

MikeT