base colors

I realize I'm about 3 years late, but I just got CMBB. I can see why it was so well received. One question I haven't been able to find an answer to: Is it possible to change the colors of the unit bases? I'm color-blind and the red bases are almost invisible on green grass. Or should I just play in the snow?

Originally posted by Damascus:

I realize I'm about 3 years late, but I just got CMBB. I can see why it was so well received. One question I haven't been able to find an answer to: Is it possible to change the colors of the unit bases? I'm color-blind and the red bases are almost invisible on green grass. Or should I just play in the snow?

As J2D says you can't change the colours of the unit bases i.e. the red and blue, but you can alter the scale of the units to make them larger so you can see them on the map. That might help. Go to the hotkeys box when in a scenario, open it and you should find what you want there.

Cheers fur noo

George

Originally posted by tankibanki:

Maybe using a different terrain mod might help (one which uses different shades of green for grass).

Since the original poster is red/green colour blind, I'd say using a shade of blue or somefink for the grass would work good too.

You can find a good art program that lets you 'colorize', then go into the folder called BMP under Program Files/Battlefront/CMBB or wherever on your hard drive, find the .bmp files with the open ground tiles, and colourize them some shade that will contrast with the bases. Back up your originals first.

Naturally, make sure you have "bases on". Playing in the snow will affect the in game performance of the units, but the colour of the terrain will not.