Small, small request for v1.02

With the v1.01 patch, the following modification were implemented:

* Troops imported into a quick battle have their ammunition replenished.

Which is great if you want to continue a battle. But I have also noticed that "fresh" troops/tanks gets their ammo loadout changed. So if I make a map in the scenario editor and add a tank with so and so ammo load, when I later import this map + troops into a quick battle, the ammo is completely randomized, as if it was just bought in the QB. And that messes up my campaign. :/

So, would it be possible to have different behavior for troops imported from a "continue battle"-map and for troops imported from a "fresh map"? So it would work as it does now for importing an already played map, but when importing from a "fresh" map, ammo (both type and amount) does not change.

Panzer Leader, if he's playing a game where he's carrying troops over from a previous battle that haven't been resupplied, then he'd have to create a map in the editor and those troops should be imported with the ammo loads as set in the editor.

I suppose one possibility would be to have the ammo load of a unit resupplied at every start, but limit the resupply to the "max ammount" the unit had to start with. So if a tank came in with 12 HE shells, every time it was re-imported it could only have 12 HE shells.

I didn't explain it well enough.

Why want that, by the way? I mean if they got replenished, why would they get the exact same ammo type and quantity? And if they're not being replenished, then what are you trying to accomplish? Just play the same one over and over...

IF they get replenished, ie they are troops that has already fought on this map, they should get mixed ammo type and quantity, just like it is now.

What I do when I play a campaign (following a specific company through out the war), I use the editor to add my "core force" to a map. That way I can control experience level for all squads, change ammo levels and so on. I then use this map in a QB, where I buy my auxiliary force and allow the enemy to buy it's own units. After the battle, that map is discarded, and a new one is generated for the next battle and so on.

But as it is now, my ammo settings are "forgotten", and all units gets new/full/random ammo.

I suppose one possibility would be to have the ammo load of a unit resupplied at every start, but limit the resupply to the "max ammount" the unit had to start with. So if a tank came in with 12 HE shells, every time it was re-imported it could only have 12 HE shells.

Yes, that would also solve my problem.

And it's not just HE/AP shells for tanks, but Inf AT weapons, small arms ammo, FO ammo and so on too.

BTS, please fix or do sumfink!

Originally posted by SuperSulo:

I use the editor to add my "core force" to a map. That way I can control experience level for all squads, change ammo levels and so on.

If you're buying each squad separately, how do you get the Co HQ, or the MG34 w/ HQ section which is part of the Co but once again you can't buy just a Section HQ???

Sorry, this doesn't help, but at least I did BUMP this to the top, no? smile.gif

Eden

Originally posted by SuperSulo:

Eden, you don't buy each squad seperately, you buy the company and then edit those units that has a different exp. level.

Ok, therefore you are creating a new map with your core in the *Scenario Editor*, and then you import those troops into a new QB with randomly made aux units, right? I went around in circles for hours before figuring out how to import randomly QB made aux units onto a QB with hand selected core...

Otherwise, correct me and I'll wear the Homer Simpson Award in my sig for a month, but you can't get a QB generated scenario into the Scenario Editor, not for beans or peanuts.

Hmmm that's mighty interesting, but NOT AS INTERESTING AS YOUR INITIAL POST, OF COURSE. smile.gif

Eden

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SuperSulo:

Eden, you don't buy each squad seperately, you buy the company and then edit those units that has a different exp. level.

Ok, therefore you are creating a new map with your core in the *Scenario Editor*, and then you import those troops into a new QB with randomly made aux units, right?

</font>

• 4 weeks later...