Why won't my Mortor Spotter get in a vehicle?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a PBEM game. I never have sent a screen shot before, so, you better give me step by step, idiot proof instructions on how to do this--I tried before with the "print screen" button and got no result. It truly is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

I am also sending over a haltrack, in hope that the driver can entice this recalcitrant spotter into the halftrack with the offer of free vodka. (my turn for the bad jokes) tongue.gif So far he has turned down two different trucks.

He is in good order-but out of command, has NO fire mission planned, and the vehicles also are in good order. Other units get the "embark" order if I point their move orders to the trucks so I know the vehicles are fine. This is very perplexing. Meanwhile my guys at the front are getting clobbered.

Now if only the Forum would make spell check an option for these messages available I would no longer misspell mortar. ;)

Well, still no luck with this cursed spotter. Fortunately this scenario will end and I will have a nice second story building with a nice view for him in the next battle.

I am out of ideas and will just accept this weird bug as I watch this thread become "a cheery moldy obstinate mortar spotter with maggots" thread. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help, I guess I'll just live (and watch my men die) with this situation.

Again, the spotter is in command, in good order (ready and fit),no orders except for move towards--and through all stationary vehicles (which are all stationary and also in good order, without orders) in his path. :mad: :confused:

What 's the name (if applicable) and the date that the scenario is set in? I'm currently playing a PBEM of 'Diet Plan' set in May '42 and my Soviet 82 spotter (and all soviets spotters for that date are radioless).

If you want to e-mail me the scenario I can double check it.

P.S. In the info screen > What's the spotters speed class?

Slow = Cable

Medium = Radio

Both types will have transport class 1 indicated in the info screen.

[ November 08, 2003, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Originally posted by tooz:

This is a PBEM game. I never have sent a screen shot before, so, you better give me step by step, idiot proof instructions on how to do this--I tried before with the "print screen" button and got no result. It truly is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

1) Kick up the game, and get a good perspective on the spotter + and make sure it's seelected so we see the stats.

2) Press "print screen"

3) Exit CM (either quit or place it in the background), and start MS Paint for instance.

4) Press Ctrl+V, the image that was on screen when you pressed "print screen" should now appear in Paint. Save it.

5) It's also recommended that you compress the pic before you host it online, since 500kb .bmp files tend to eat reserved bandwidth up real fast. But this is another story, try to get a decent screen cap first.

Mystery solved (I think)...

The operation you're playing 'Return to Borisov' as d/l from the Scenario Depot, has in it's OB for the Allies as follows:

Spoiler Alert! Spoiler Alert!

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

On map

Mortar spotter 120mm (radio)

x2 Mortar spotter 82mm (cable)

Reinforcement 4

Arty spotter 76mm (radio)

Reinforcement 5

Mortar spotter 82mm (cable)

Reinforcement 6

Mortar spotter 120mm (cable)

So unless ithe version you're playing has been modified at some stage, it appears there are no 82mm mortar spotters with radios within a 100 clicks of your operation. Unless you captured an Axis one as captured enemies won't load into trucks etc.

Looks like a funpacked operation from all the hardware in it :D

[ November 08, 2003, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

All right Wicky, you solved the dilemma. smile.gif I was just about to send you off an email with a turn orders file, but now I will not have to do this.

Lesson learned. I am presently involved with another op (this one is on Borisov in '41) so I am putting all of my attention to the details of the new design instead of the old design (Return To Borisov).

My opinion on Return to Borisov is obviously biased, since I helped design this. Of course I recommend it--I am playing two PBEMs of this op and having a lot of fun with both games.

Okay Sheriff Moon and Matt, lock this thread up. Thanks for the help (and the bad jokes--to be honest, I enjoyed them).

Let's see if this spotter can now find a good position without getting shot up. :rolleyes: